New things, for better or for worse (Chapter Three)

I hope you like how this book is turning out, enjoy! Enjoy a nice song thats for sOme eDge in this chapter lol))

-

As Aphmau's side experienced loss and gain, Lucinda's side would only earn gain. After performing her signature performance and making comedy about Aphmau, the maid-cafe was up and running when Travis, Ein, Garroth and Nate arrived. Travis looked distant, still contemplating the switch. "See Lucinda in her office." Ivan addressed them coldly, his deep voice sending shivers in their spines. 

Ivy and Kim stood infront of the door, eyeing the four with uncomfortable glances. Ivy opened the door, her high-pitched voice and toxic words annoying the four. "Don't expect her to go easy on you." Kim silently nodded in agreement. They walked into her giant office, one corner housing a vanity set with lights lining the mirror. Pictures of Ivan and Her were stuck on the corners with posters and requests in a file below the mirror.

On the other side, she had a desk where she sat, writing on some papers with a bright red pen. She looked up, brushing some of her ginger hair out of her face. She smirked then sighing in delight. "I'm glad you four came through... I know it was hard for some of you, but that just shows your allegiance to me." She said proudly, standing up from her seat and approaching the four. 

"Travis, I know your.. ties with Katelyn were tight. Though I don't share your, liking for her, I respect the sacrifice you made." Lucinda touched Travis' shoulder, remembering the times she teased Travis and watched Katelyn defend him relentlessly. She knew it'd hurt Katelyn more than it hurt Travis though, that's what made it so wonderful. She moved onto Ein, smiling and patting his shoulder. "I know the way you look at her. I know the way she makes you feel. Doing this may risk your relationship with her.. But I'll take it as a sacrifice. Welcome to the clan." She grinned as he blushed a bit, knowing she was talking about Aphmau.

She then eyed Garroth up and down, noticing Ivan wasn't in the room. "You're a valuable resource to the team. You're soft..." She trailed her gloved finger from his neck to his shoulder. "But strong enough to ravage others." She formed her hand into a fist, putting it next to her once again. "You'll be a great asset." She muttered under her breath a dirty rouse, giggling to herself and causing Garroth to shift uncomfortably. "Just know i'm doing this to protect my brother... I've never trusted Aphmau to-." Lucinda shot a dagger right past him, the dagger barely grazing his nose and hitting a poster of Aphmau. With a couple of daggers already wedged into it, the obvious was implied when she yelled at him.

"NEVER, mention that wretch! She's a complicit girl who'll never know how to lead on her own! Unlike.. me." Lucinda was angered, her arms tensing and blood boiling. She regained her composure in a quick manner. "I know you're here for your brother's safety, you exhibited that purpose ever since you two started working for her. But just know-." She walked towards him rather fast, coming face-to-face with him. "For every second he stands with the enemy, every second more he'll be responsible for the fall of his mafia. You know that. Vylad knows that."

She chuckled a deep, dark chuckle. "Ivan and I know that."  She stepped away,  reminding Garroth of the terrible incident a couple months ago. Vylad, while leading the Ro-Meave clan in his father's absence, his was brought into a horrific gun-fight that lead to him getting almost nine bullet wounds, barely surviving. For those months, noone knew of who and whom caused it, but with those words, he knew exactly who. Lucinda smiled at his shocked expression. "Though I disliked the rest of your family and their weakness', you're no different." She snarled, clenching her jaw but returning to her polite smile. "I see change in you. Only one easy, penetrable weakness is what you have. For now, I'll let it be. But while you stay here, there are no excuses or slip-ups. But I'll accept you. Plus, you're still a cutie." She winked at him, biting her lipstick-covered lip and proceeded to Nate, whom was slightly puffy-eyed.