Stuck in a headlock (Chapter Twenty-Two)

(Next chapter is the 3k special! I hope you're ready!

Also, the OC in this Chapter is Ophelia, whom belongs to words_that_i_have.

-

Mikl stood dumbfounded as Dante and Nicole tried to explain the situation.

"He's Dante, but Gene is Dante. Wait..."

"No, you're right. He is me right now. He's the one who probably saw Nicholas today. Dammit."

"Wait, but wouldn't you-."

The two continued blabbering about who's who until Mikl growled at them, baring her teeth at the bickering duo. After rendering them silent, she quickly regained her composure and intervened.

"So, according to Nicole and you, Gene has been switching places with you and vice-versa?"

Dante nodded, glaring at Nicole for confusing them again and again.

"Yeah, and the thing is, he's been going rogue. He's doing stuff as me without my permission, so now there are two of me. If he lands himself in jail, please don't put it under my name. I'd owe you a lot, Mikl."

Dante practically begged Mikl as she frowned and contemplated her choices. She could draw Gene out by arresting Dante under his name. But dealing with three criminals to question at the moment seemed worse than just two.

"Fine. But, you have to do one thing."

"Oh, anything, of course."

"You have to arrest him yourself. It makes the job easier for me and it gets your spot back in the station. It's a win-win! Unless you and your girl over there want to get arrested for the alleged association with the Mystreet Mafia, then I better hear a yes coming from your lying mouth."

Nicole and Dante were taken aback by her. Mikl's tiny appearance and child-like appearance took them by surprise, but this was shocking. Dante felt his heart hurt for betraying his brother, but he decided that it was bound to happen soon enough.

Nicole felt goosebumps just thinking about going to jail. Jenna would be too worried to do anything on her own without her. Nicole hoped he'd pick the better decision in this case.

"Fine. I'll arrest him."

"Ok, Chief Saab. The job is yours."

**

"Laurance, Garroth, I need you to accompany me on my trip today. I have to meet up with some chemist."

Lucinda fastened her white gloves on as they entered her office. She grabbed her briefcase and handed it to Garroth, dusting off her hands and returning them to her side.

"We have to leave and see her at her office downtown. Come now."

She walked to her car with the two of them following, casually looking at each other nervously while she unlocked her car and hopped in. After the three were on their way to the mysterious chemist's office, Lucinda decided to investigate things on her own.

"So, you two seem awfully silent for being a cop and a Ro'meave, huh?"

This comment made their eyes widen. They withdrew their hands from the other's and shook their heads.

"Silent? There's just nothing really good to talk about."

Laurance confidently crossed his arms over his chest and grunted.

"Yeah. Things have been awfully slow at the station since Aphmau got caught."

Garroth explained while drumming his fingers on the briefcase. Lucinda nodded her head and glanced at the rearview mirror before returning her gaze back onto the road.