Grey

I made it to the Grill in pretty good time. It was around 19:00 when I got there, and I was kinda hungry. I obviously had no money on me, but I was sure I could find someone in there who would lend me something. Anything. Id even chat up the waitress at this point. I mean, I've got no one else... Outside was calm, the darkness was a space to breathe in, to worry less about how I looked. How I acted. I could show how I felt.... I looked at the door. Even more couples would be in there. Heck, Red could've been in there... I just didn't know. Fuck that, I'm mad enough. I thought I'd just go home, relax. Watch something. Get some food in my system. Calm down. Message Justin, ask him to help me. Let myself breathe. As I was turning around, I heard something. Shuttle, but there. A voice. In my head. Literally, Inside my head.
"The alleyway." It echoed in my mind
"Come to the alleyway, and you'll find what your looking for..."
At the time, I thought I was so desperate for an answer that I made up a voice in my head to help me. To guide me. That's what I thought, anyway. I was thinking at the present moment 'I'm going insane. I'm going completely insane. This was my clamp on sanity, and now it's gone.'
"Let's test that, huh?" The voice remarked. I stopped thinking, moving, I even heard my breath. Ho-ly shit. This thing can hear me. Hear my thoughts. It knows me
"I don't wanna start crawling through your memories, just hurry up!" It sounded angry. This was my brain. I wasn't happy. This could mess me up big time if I wasn't careful.
'Alright. I'm coming... I guess' I thought as I headed round the side, to the alleyway.
To the place where everything changed.

Rounding the corner, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The alleyway was straight, leading out, and the dumpster was still on the side on the left. Open. But that was nothing unusual. I thought the guy was just in a hurry to get back. That was when I thought I was insane. I was just making this up. This was all fake. My brain was slipping through the cracks of insanity. All that's was left of my brain anyway. I turned around, happy but disappointed, to go.
That's when I heard the noise.
It was a thud, kind of how a stone sounds when dropped onto carpet. But it wasn't. It had a... wet sound. As if every time it hit it splattered. It happened every five or six seconds. I know this because I sat there for 20 trying to make sure I wasn't completely crazy. I wasn't. I could clearly hear it. It sounded like it came from the other side of the dumpster. The only piece of cover. The only place to hide. 'It's probably a rat' I thought. I still checked though. Just in case. It could've been really alarming if not. I mean, it could've been a raccoon or something. Then it would've hurt someone. Good thing I was here: Hero Grey, here to save all who come down here. I approached slowly, being careful not to make any sound. The air turned colder, sharper, like a knife blade. The air was suddenly tainted with a metallic smell. I stopped in front of the dumpster. Bottles and crap laid around the base, as if someone had rooted through it for something. Being careful, I walked around it, making no noise. Easy.... easy, almost there....
I hit a bottle.
A loud clink was heard, like when you have a cheers with a friend. The sound stopped. Something dropped.
And someone appeared.