Grey

It was glowing. Pulsating almost, as ripples gently brushed through its visible front. The object was dark purple, shaped like a diamond. Blood didn't seem to even disdain it, it almost fed off of it, growing stronger and darker in the most filled patches. Whatever was holding it seemed to be protecting it with his life: the fact his fingers were bones and he died with it in his hands. An almost methodical and timed pulse ran across it every time I tried to work out what it was. It was as if it knew I was there. Watching. Waiting.
"This... Is going to sound crazy. Completely and utterly crazy, but I need you to pick that up" the voice pushed aside everything else again.
"I'm pretty sure I'd explode if I even attempted to touch it" I thought back
"No no. You won't die. Or even be harmed. It'll.... Tingle for a second. All I need for you is to grab it and put it somewhere safe. Somewhere you can rely on it being" the voice explained
"Hah... Sure" I finally managed to move my arm out of its perpetuation and grabbed the crystal. It almost became glued to my hand with the amount of blood on it. Pulling back, it made a sucking sound, and a pop as I finally got to hold it. Huh. A lot less... Awesome looking in my hands.
"Alright. Perfect. Now hide it. On you" the voice commanded.
"Why don't I just give it to the police who are comi-" I started
"No. You will not do that. You'll land yourself in jail! You can say about the corpse, and if they ask why your fingerprints are on it, just say you were checking its pulse."
"A-alright" I slid the diamond into the back pocket of my trousers. I only just realised that my hands were clean. But, all the blood on the diamond..... Huh. I'd worry about it later, when I was at home. Safe. Away from everything. Jesus, everything is going wrong. Everything. And it all started because of a damn confession I should've made! Fuck! Maybe Red would be in my shoes. Maybe he'd be dead. If only.... If only. I can dream I suppose.
"Hey. I've got another idea" the voice mused.
"Oh great..." I said aloud. "What?"
"Why don't you check whose under the mask? Maybe then we can find out who tried to kill you!"
"That's.... Not actually a bad idea" I thought.
"See? I haven't let you down yet have I?"
I took a few steps back, glad to turn away from the piece of meat that was a corpse, and turned towards the knocked out thing on the floor. Still dead to the world. Hah. Who knew I had the power to do this? Turns out.... Turns out I had the power to do a lot of things. Some I did want to do, some... Some I didn't.

On closer inspection, the body looked like a human. I thought it lost its humanity, but it turns out that it was wearing leather that was NEW. How does someone turn from a normal person to a crazy, bloodthirsty killer? Something twisted must've happened... Or... Got to him. It was fascinating to look at it. It seemed like another human. The only unnecessary part was the mask. I mean, if he'd thought we were young, why wear a mask? He could've just killed us easily. I mean, the knife looked deadly enough. Looked like it could enter my skull and come out the other side with no effort, blowing half of my gutted and dead brain over with it. The mask seemed to glow slightly, radiance. As funny as it was, there wasn't a mark on it. I mean, whatever was on the floor was filthy. Dirt and sweat clung to it. But the mask, the mask was almost polished to cleanliness. As if all of the sins it had just tried to commit had been wiped clean from whatever this was. A scary thought that was. I'm pretty sure it was going to jail for  whatever time it had left. If not... I'm sure I'd kill him in self defence. Wait... What am I saying? I'd never kill anyone... Would I?
Would I?
"Hey! You need to focus. You need to be able to tell the cops everything you see" the voice woke me from thought sleep.
"It's police. We're in the UK. Police. Your not very educated, are you?" I retorted
The voice was silent.
My arms moved towards its head, towards the big revealer, the money, the problem solver: the mask. Whatever was under it would change everything. Maybe it was a bully. Or a helpless middleman who needed money. Or a crazy cunt I'd just knocked out. Whoever it was, I couldn't wait to see. If I new them, I'd slap them. My hands were at the bottom, the chin line, the reveal was close. I was about to lift it up when....
A door just opened. Shit. Shit shit shit! This looks bad. Really bad. Quickly withdrawing my hands, I took a step back, as if I'd just been watching it from a step away. I'd say I'd seen a corpse, and that I'd touched it to check its pulse on its hand. I mean it seemed reasonable. I hadn't broken any laws anyway.
"Grab the mask" the voice interrupted
"What?" I was confused at that moment.
"Just grab it. Trust me"
"Alright. After the investigation"
"No! Grab it now! NOW!" It shouted
I began to kick it in the face, as if it had been trying to get up. No worries. I'm fine. Not crazy. No voice in my head. No worries on my mind. Another shudder ran through my spine as I thought of how I'd explain the corpse behind the dumpster. I'll think of something. Poor, mauled thing.
I'd have to explain a lot more soon.