Grey

Heading out over the night, especially with what looked like a serious storm brewing itself in the distance, has its ups and downs. Ups? No one is really in the streets or looking at me. Downs? I could get soaked, and then if I'm walking in wet I'm gonna attract attention. It's a good thing that it's a few miles off, otherwise I'd be shitting myself slightly. I took a long walk around, purposely avoiding The Grill, and the Bats Cave. Too many repressed memories. I didn't find Justin though. He must've hidden himself away, either to be alone or to grieve. Only a few could push so hard without being hit. The thing that really confused me was why the school wasn't shut. Someone has literally been thrown out of the window. And the body has my fingerprints all over it. Red's death will live on my shoulders for the rest of my life. If I live long.
'I solve these problems. Don't. Worry. About. Them' The Mask confirmed. I never leave the house without my bag or The Mask in some way. Well, that's one more calming thought in my mind in a million thoughts of manic ness. I hadn't been into the city for a while, even the walk avoided it. Hey, Justin might even be there. Two birds, one bloody knife.
'Your not going to kill him are you?' The Mask asked quickly, as if to change my mind.
'No no. Don't worry.' I responded. Maybe I could find a new knife? I mean it would look pretty shady, but we've got a few shady alleyways. As has everyone else. Don't get me wrong, it's crazy that places like this aren't noticed or flushed out by the Police, but maybe most are bribed or even corrupt? So many people die each day, and I'm just contributing. Okay, breathe. Go towards the city. Make sure your knife is in your pocket. Hey, everyone else is carrying one.

I was walking around the city, breathing in the city air, making sure my parents knew where I was, when I saw... her. Mercedes. In a cafe. Proper off the radar, as such with most small cafe's. Only, she wasn't alone. She was with... someone else. Another boy. I didn't recognise him until I got closer, and I saw his clearer features. A burn mark was barely visible under the loose collar he was wearing, and his brown eyes were glazed as he stared at her. At my girl. MINE.
'Breathe. Too many witnesses. BREATHE!' The Mask broke through my anger and forced me to pay attention.
'We can deal with him.' I said to the Mask
'Yes, we can, at a different time, alright?' The Mask made sure to prove its point by pointing out everyone who would see me off him, no matter how. Alright, if I can't kill him, then I can listen into their conversation. Knowing him, it would be about her problems. Sneaky bastard, making the conversation about them and not him. Oh, this man is called Lester. Quite a smart guy, knows how to use words to his advantages, and has a real gift with getting information peacefully out of people. I wish I could. My option now is stabbing them. I slid onto a table, faced the opposite way, out my hood up, and looked at the menu. From this positioning, I was able to hear everything that they were talking about.
"So, hows the dating going, then?" Lester asked Mercedes whilst stirring whatever shit he brought.
"I'm fairly sure you know how things are going." Mercedes paused for a moment, as if to brace herself for what she was about to say "my last boyfriend was... killed. Only a few days ago..." Mercedes started tearing up. I could tell because she took a short, light breath, and exhaled deeply. I heard the table shift as he pulled her into a hug. My hands went towards the knife in my pocket, praying I could take him out before I was caught by someone.
'Stop. Right. Now.' The Mask reminded me of its presence. Great. Now I cant do anything even if I wanted to.
"Surely the best way to move on is with another one though? Sorry, I'm not really good with these things" Lester kind of laughed at the end of it. Sick fuck. Mercedes weakly laughed, a wheeze that barely escaped her. It hurt me to hear her like this. I'll fix her. I know I can.
"I-it's not that easy. Unfortunately. I wish it was, but it isn't. I never knew I guy like Red. He really wade me happy, but..." she started properly crying, loud and clear to see. Something clamped around my heart as I heard that.
"Look, I know it's hard, but I've got someone who likes you. I know it's a jump, but keep them in mind." Lester took a moment, as if he changed his mind. I leant in a little closer. I had to find out who the fuck this was. As he was about to say my next marked kill, Ryan appeared. Huge guy who really didn't appreciate other people, and the only person I thought of that would actually die before they were 30. This was due to his mouth, having no filter.
"Hey, good looking! Who's this arse then?" Ryan walked right up to them both without taking a shot at whether they were talking or not.
"Nice to see you too Ryan!" Lester bypassed his insult completely. Ryan took it to offensive clearly, and reinforced his next insult.
"So, when are you breaking up with this waste?" Ryan smirked, teeth whiter than the moon.
"Do you have a problem with me?" Lester said, standing up. The man may have a mark, but he could fight.
Unfortunately, so could Ryan. The men squared up the opponents.
"Yeah I do. Your sitting in my seat. I want to speak to her. You understand me?" Ryan pointed a finger at the seat that Lester had inhabited.
"Well, after I'm finished, your more than welcome." Lester replied. At this moment, I casually picked myself off of the table, and left the cafe. The less attention the better.

When I got home, The Mask asked "why don't you kill Ryan?"
"Why would I do that? Lester is in my hit list, not Ryan." I said, getting changed and climbing into bed.
"Isn't it obvious?" The Mask clearly had an idea
"Ryan likes Mercedes"