Grey

For a second, I felt nothing. As if all the emotions inside me died, and noting remained. Nothing coursed through me, merging into my heart and brain. Nothing replaced my blood and brain, and I froze. My eyes closed. My breath stopped. Opening my eyes again, I felt more relaxed, at ease. Everything that panicked me disappeared: all that was left was nothing. No sadness, no pain, no remorse.
'So?' The mask was much louder. I could almost hear it echoing around the walls.
'The relaxation is incredible!' I shouted. Except, I didn't. I could hear myself, but only in my head. Odd.
'No one can hear me either. I'm afraid the downside is is that your a mute. But it's okay, because as soon as you take it off, you can speak. Unfortunately....' the mask paused
'Yes?' I urged 'what?'
'So does the relaxing feeling. Your back to normal afterwards.' The mask was steadily explaining things. 'The problem is is that I reflect the feeling you want at the current moment. So, as you walked in here, you wanted to relax, and so you did. If you want to work hard, I'll allow that. If you want to be sad, I allow that. If you want anger-'
'If you want to act like a bloodthirsty killer, you can' I interrupted, throwing my mind a meaningful glance.
'Yes. Unfortunately many abuse the power. Many.' Silence owned the room for a while. All I could think about was her and Red, her and Red, how they might become together, be happy. Anger flooded me. I mean, a tidal wave flooded me. Red... My mind connected a dark thought with another, and before I knew what I was doing, I'd climbed out of my window, shimmied out down my drainpipe, and sprinted towards the Grill. Where else was a bitch like him meant to take her? Coming round, I had a second thought: the Receptionist. She'd seen everything. I'd have to kill her. My hands held a knife. I didn't even know where I'd got it from. It was fairly covered in the dark: a tiny glint of visibility in the blanket of blackness. How would I get in? Fuck that, I'd wait until she was in the alleyway, then I'd kill her. I'd stab her like I'd stab Red. Thinking of him sent frenzies all over my skin, keeping me angry. She'd be mine, Red. Does not matter what I do, what I have to, she will be mine.

I don't know how long it was before she appeared. It could've been hours or seconds, I wasn't keeping track. Never did. Not when this was on. But she did appear, rounding the corner, clearly edged, muttering something.
I was only gone for 20 minutes, but all evidence had been removed. Clearly she hadn't been questioned. She wouldn't be here. Why wouldn't she? She knew our faces.
'Don't worry about that.. KILL HER' The mask cut through my thoughts. She'd put the crap in the bin. I waited until her back was turned.
I pounced.
I caught her in the thigh. I was aiming for her neck, but I slipped and stabbed her thigh. It sunk in, almost too easy, as if this was what I was built to do. She didn't move, didn't speak. Not at first. But I felt a scream bubbling up in her, so I covered her mouth with my hand; and stabbed her again. And again. And again. In the same place. I couldn't stop. The feeling... It was as if I released all my anger, every bit of hatred and sadness, every bit of confusion and remorse into her. My knife hit the same spot. I don't know why. It just tore into her thigh, ripping her.
'Stare at her' something told me 'She won't scream if you stare at her' I averted my eyes off of her thigh and gazed sharply into her eyes. Any noise she was going to make choked her. She stopped moving. She just... froze. I was still going, a maniacal part of me couldn't stop shredding this poor girl.
'NO WITNESSES' the mask said, bringing the knife down one final time. Watching it clatter onto the floor, as if it was an angel falling, made me pick it up and stash it in my back pack. The receptionist raised her gaze. Scared face, pure whiteness, slow blood draining from her thigh, forming a slight pool on the floor. Fuck. Evidence.  Quickly, I picked her up and threw her into the bin, watching her splash and hold back a scream.
'Pretty little thing...' my mind sang. Dark thoughts crush that.  The receptionist looked so innocent, so pure, so easy to kill
'She will bleed. They all do. Move it, before someone finds you'  The mask uttered its warning.
'But first....' it looked at the puddle, and the blood started to... float. Literally, suspend itself from the ground, as if a puppet on invisible string. It started shaking its way towards the mask on my face. As if got close, it became red mist, and It was absorbed by the mask on my face. I saw it morph into the mask itself. I heard a huge sigh, and then a breath of happiness. Anger still courses through me. I felt it ring through my veins, hit my brain. I turned to the receptionist, to scream at her, to finish her, but she just.... laughed. A cold, hard laugh.
'Thank you' my mind picked up her words. 'You set me -f' coughs interrupted her. Blood erupted from her windpipe, choking it's way out of her. 'Free' she said.
'Death isn't an escape' I found myself uttering before slamming the lid. Making sure no one could hear her, I left her there: Crazy, alone, and bleeding out.
Only she didn't.
That would've been too easy, of course. Nothing is easy any more. Poor bastard, she was. But she should've died. Died then and there.
Of course Justin gets involved.