90s! Jock! Freddie Prince Jr. x Shy! Nerd! Reader: She's Not All That

Y'all know damn well Freddie is the king of 90s Hollywood Heartthrobs!

And if you didn't, well now ya do!

Plus he was in the best 90s teenage movie made! "She's All That" is a banger for 90s vibes and moods.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

You walked up the steps of the school entrance, looking down. Too many people was a big weakness of yours, you were happy you didn't fit in and you were happy you weren't a wannabe, you were yourself.

Going to English, you grabbed your books from your locker. You also check your calendar inside your locker, and of course, an english quiz was today.

"Freddie!" You heard a yell, it was the one and only Freddie Prince, or Prince Freddie as he was nicknamed to everyone, besides me. You shy with him, after what happened in 5th grade.

Flashback... Flashback

"Catch the ball (Y/n)," the gym teacher yelled. You were in the gymnasium of the middle school, old memories. It was a game of dodgeball, but boys against girls. It was too hot for comfort, the room felt moist.

Sweat glands beaded your forehead, at every second coach blowed his whistle.

"Jennie, your out!" He said loudly after blowing the whistle around his neck. Then another screech of it echoed your ears.

"Bethany, out of the game!"

"Gabby!"

"Mina!"

"Sulli!"

"Suzy!"

"Lucinda!"

"Krystal!"

Almost every girl was out, sitting and watching the game, you and another girl were left. You kept you distance from the line of where no one could cross. And then they he was.

Freddie, Prince Freddie. He looked more soft and happy back in the days, he held a ball in his hand, tossing it playfully into the air looking at his two targets.

He made eye contact with me, it was just a glance, but you felt something.

"Hurry up and get these girls out, I wanna play another round!" A boy said from the bleachers. Freddie had held the ball in his hand. And like lightning, he threw the ball with force and power, making you jolt and automatically duck down to the floor. You heard the whistle blow.

"Sally, out!" Coach said. Now, they were looking at you Freddie was looking at you. He focuses on you, snapping towards his teammates.

"Ball" he says to the boy next to him, making him toss the ball to him. You look at him with worry in your eyes, you knew the dodgeball wouldn't hurt, but something inside you would.

He looks back anxiously, he smiled softly which made you confused. He threw the ball to you, but not with power, it was like a underhand soft toss.

You caught it with two hands with your eyes shut tightly.

"Freddie out?" Coach said like a question, not blowing his whistle, too confused at the whole situation.

Freddie walks to the bleachers without hesitation and sits down. He looks at you and nods softly, he was being nice to you, which made you wonder, was this him?

End of Flashback.

You didn't know how to feel after that moment, it was on purpose, you knew but you didn't know why. Was he just being nice, or didn't feel like play.

You closed you locker with impact making a loud echo from the metal on metal contact. Looking back behind you, cross the hall, Freddie laughed with his jock friends, he seemed happy, but not like younger years, I guess since it is our senior year he is too focused on college and stuff.

You stared at him while trying to walk from your locker and while walking. You leg steps in a water puddle, not slip, but stubble forward on your knees.

You should sue the school.

"Ahh!" You say loud enough for him and his friends to hear. As you look over, you saw their faces as they try to hold back there laughs and giggles, but Freddie face seem to be blank.

"Umm... I'll catch you guys later," he called out with his friends leaving, you picking up your things. You hurried to pick up your phone, turning it, you made contact with a busted screen. You barley fell though!

"Damn, that's gonna be a bit painful to use," you look up to see the same Freddie from just minutes ago. "I think you need new phone," he said squatting down to your level.

"Yeah, no duh!" You say with an annoyed tone in your voice. He laughs at the comment.

"You a cute little nerd, aren't you?" He said with a hand up, you were surprised and perplexed at the comment, making you push the bridge of your glasses frames back on your nose.

"I'm sorry... what?" You say confused. He rolls his eyes, with his hand still waiting for another. You finally look at it, and grasped it with ease. You pick up your things off the floor and sniffed a little, making sure you got everything.

"You alright?" He said softly, looking at your body not sexually, but protective seeing if you are okay. You nodded your head softly at man, you were fine. "Okay, I'll see you later," he says turning around.

Now this is your chance.

"Freddie, wait!" He turn around with an alarmed look on his face. You have to ask him. "In 5th grade, why did you let me... get you out?" You said.

He looked a bit lost for a sec, but then remember the memory of the first time he had gotten out in dodgeball.

His face goes into a smile, "Let's just say, I thought you were cute back then," he says with a smirk.

What?

Me?

Cute?

This guy is blind, but something in you want to hear more.

"B-back then? What about about right now?" You were curious.

He winks at you and walks to class with a smile on his face. You were still a bit confused.

Do he like you? Or did he just think you were cute?