4 $ . Trouble in Paradise

" I walk alone, I'll never be mislead."

-

Kayli | KayKay

" I'll give you the money tomorrow. I promise, please. I dont have no where else to go. Ok, I understand." I heard the faint cries of my mother.

I fluttered my eyes open, and threw the cover off my body. I walked down the hall to my mother room and heard her sobs.

" Mama? You coo? " I asked as I knocked on the door.

"No. Im a terrible mother, I just w-wish your daddy was here helping me." She sobbed as I walked in the room comforting her, by rubbing her back.

" You're not a bad mother, don't beat yourself up about it. Things happen I know it wasn't your intention to not be able to get the bills together. But the check I get for my daddy being dead comes today, that's 1,500 right there, plus I have 150 saved. "

I always had to grow up earlier than my time, helping my mother just because she wasn't emotionally stable ever since my daddy died. Although this was the first time getting evicted, something didn't add up though. She paid all the bills on time.

" Ma, can you tell me why we have to move all of a sudden?"

" The landlord told me he was selling the house to some old lady. " She sobbed.

" What's her name?"

" Gail Gaulden."

That last name sounded so familiar, I just couldn't put my mind on it.

-

Kelldrick | Ratface

" Maine dis some bullshit! I aint sign up to be woke up out ma' sleep to move some fucking boxes!"

" Well get yo ratface ass out my mufuckin' house." Kentrell grandma started.

" I know yo old ass ain't tryna go there, you can barely walk. Why are you tryna move anyway?" I snapped my neck just like she did.

" That man said you can barely move ! " Ben started laughing all fucking loud in my ear.

" And it's too fuckin' early for yo black ass to be that loud. "

" Kd, imma need yo burning ass to calm down and get yo grumpy ass up." Youngboy grandma clapped back.

" Maine." I did as told, going to the bathroom to freshen up first.

-

Kentrell | Dentface

" What you been up to lately tho? " I was talking to Kayli on FaceTime and she looked down.

" A lot going on right na'."

" Like what?"

" I dont know if I can trust you yet." She chuckled.

" You can trust me metalmouth." She flicked me off and began talking.

" First of my daddy is deceased and his birthday coming up, that's always been a hard day for me. Second my first love Cory, the one yall was arguing wit wanna get back together and the shit he pulled im not going for it. Third me and my mama gotta move unexpectedly because this lady tryna buy the house." She rolled her eyes and I thought about it.