4

You were surprised that you found that you actually enjoyed some of the party. The baby was cute, and Daisy was really nice, even though she confused you a little. Someone as delicate and kind as that had the same kind of respect from the men as her husband, Yoongi. At first, you figured it was because she was his wife, but then you realised that she was a lot more dangerous than you first thought.

When Yoongi and Namjoon returned from their meeting, you got to take a closer look at the scar that ran down the side of his face and was reminded that it was made by Daisy just because he had gotten a little too friendly with her.

However, your relaxed time ended quickly, as Namjoon pulled you back to his side, and you were stuck with him the entire night as he went around the room greeting various people who you couldn't remember the names of if your life depended on it.

Your feet were sore from the shoes, and you had way too many scary men eyeing you up for your comfort.

There were other wives dotted around the place, but very few, and because you were a new face there, you had so many people wanting to greet you; it didn't help that Namjoon was a very powerful man, and all the others wanted to pay their respects to him.

By the end of the night, you were surprised that Namjoon's arm around your waist wasn't actually just holding you up.

He led you back to the car and helped you in, before closing the door and going around the back to get in the other side.

As before, Hoseok got behind the wheel, and Jimin took the passenger seat in the front. However, it was evident on the drive back that your night was not over yet.

"You did well," Namjoon said, not looking at you, "For your first time at one of these events. You didn't embarrass me at all, I chose a good wife,"

"Thank you," You replied tiredly. It wasn't the first time he had complimented you as such, and it didn't make you feel anything, either way.

"You got on well with Daisy. That's good. You'd need someone like her at your back, she is a good ally. She saved Hoseok's life once,"

You looked up, "She did?"

"Shot a guy point blank range," Hoseok said, "Right in the face,"

Your opinion of Daisy shifted again. No one was what they seemed around you recently, and it just made you feel even more isolated.

"Boss," Jimin said, his eyes on the rearview mirror, "The cars gone,"

"What?" Namjoon turned around, looking out of the window, and you saw him pull a gun from his pocket, "Fuck, we got company. Jimin, ring ahead,"

"On it,"

You screamed as you heard a gunshot and glass shattering, and Namjoon reached towards you, ripping your seatbelt off and dragging you towards him, "Get down," He snapped, yanking on your arm hard enough that you lost balance, even though you were seated.

You followed the direction of his hold on your arm, lying down across the seat and curling as small as the awkward space would allow. Namjoon leant over you, squashing your head into the seat with his hard body to the point where you were finding it hard to breathe. And then the sound became deafening.

You could see Jimin in the passenger seat, leaning out the now open window and firing his gun, before pulling back in to reload. Hoseok had a death grip on the wheel, but was calm as he swerved back and forth through traffic, and although you couldn't see your husband, you could feel the vibrations of him shooting through his body as he covered you.

After what felt like an eternity, Namjoon sat back and you heard him reloading again, before slipping his gun back into its holster inside his jacket.

"Ma'am, are you alright?" Jimin asked, looking back over his shoulder as he rolled the window up.

You nodded dumbly and slowly pushed yourself back up so you were seated again. The car had stopped moving, and you didn't even realise.

"We're home," Namjoon muttered, "Jimin take her inside, I have work to do,"

Namjoon climbed out of the car and went towards the front gate, where there were other cars arriving back. Hoseok followed him quickly, and you just sat in the car, heart pounding.

"Come on, Ma'am," Jimin said, opening your door. You didn't even see him get out of the car.

You stepped out and your legs gave way, they were shaking so much. Without a word, Jimin scooped you up in his arms and carried you towards the house as what seemed like hundreds of men poured out, all fixing some kind of weapon to their hips. Jimin just waded through them, carrying you with ease all the way up to your bedroom, where he placed you gently on the bed.

"Are you hurt, Ma'am?" He asked, gently patting down your arms and legs to check for injuries.

"I'm alright," You mumbled, "What happened?"

Jimin kissed his teeth angrily, "Rivals of the Boss. You get yourself more comfortable," He stood up and headed to the door, "I'll be outside, if you need me,"

He smiled at you then, a large, warm movement that didn't help your racing heart, "I won't let anyone hurt you, Ma'am. I'll be right here," He pointed out the door, before following his finger and closing the door behind you.

It took you at least ten minutes to get control of your trembling legs, and you finally managed to kick your horrible shoes off and get to your feet.

Apart from your painful feet, the hot water of the shower made you feel better, and you found that you were feeling sleepy; probably from the sudden lack of adrenaline in your body.

With a sigh, you flopped down on your empty bed, dressed in your pyjamas, and glanced at the clock on the wall. It was already three AM, and Namjoon wasn't here yet. That meant he was unlikely to come to bed at all.

With a sigh, you stood up and limped to your bedroom door, aiming to go downstairs to grab a glass of water. You were momentarily shocked to see that it wasn't Jimin at the door, but another man, who bowed respectfully to you when he saw you.

You managed a weak smile, hobbling down to the kitchen, figuring that Jimin had either been called to help Namjoon, or he was asked to swap shifts, as he had been with you the entire day He was most likely enjoying a well-earned sleep.

You didn't, however, expect to see him shirtless and dressed only in a pair of black boxer shorts, sitting at the small table in the kitchen.