19

"I'm back, sweetheart," Jimin's voice sounded as you heard the lock click. There was no way you could drag Jungkook behind the table before he got inside, and there was no time to bring the table to you.

So with no other choice, you knelt onto the floor next to Jungkook, who was still unconscious.

"Don't shoot, Sweetheart," Jimin said, "I'm opening the door, and I'm going to take you down to your husband. I'd like to see his face as I kill you,"

The door creaked open and you lifted the gun and pointed it at the door frame.

"Still mad at me?" Jimin grinned as he lifted his own gun, "I guarantee that I'm a better shot than you, so I suggest that you put the gun down,"

You fired a shot at him, the bullet nicking the door frame where his head was, and you heard him sigh.

"Alright, enough playing around,"

He charged around the corner quicker than you could have imagined, and you had no time to even adjust your aim.

However, as he got three steps into the room, there was another ring of a gunshot, much closer than you'd been hearing over the past few minutes, and Jimin looked at you with shock, his chocolate coloured eyes wide as he fell to the floor.

"Autu-"

Without thinking, you fired another round towards the door, but lowered your gun when you heard a familiar voice curse.

"Autumn, it's me," You heard your husbands voice, and your body froze, "It's Namjoon,"

You were hit with a sudden, strong dilemma. Did you let him come in to you, or did you keep him away?

You had been debating internally all day, and now the time was upon you to make a choice, you had no idea what to do.

He wasn't a kind husband; he was rough and aggressive, but he had been trying, and you were partly at fault for not speaking up, despite how much he scared you. The majority of the blame was on him, but you could have been a little more brave.

You had spoken to Yoongi's wife, Daisy, and she had showed you what it was to be a strong woman, and you still stayed meek and quiet.

"Can I come in?" Namjoon's voice was more gentle, and you felt yourself lower your arm, "Are you hurt? Fuck, please let me in, I need to see you're alright,"

"I'm alright," Your voice was quiet, and Namjoon poked his blonde head around the corner. Seeing that you'd lowered the gun, he came around the corner and into the room, not stopping until he was on his knees on the floor next to you.

He reached out, wrapping his arms around your body and pulling you into him, holding you against him so tightly that you almost had trouble breathing.

"Fuck I was so scared," He muttered, before pulling away, "You're not hurt?"

You shook your head, in shock that he had admitted to being scared. You had never seen him this soft before; it almost made you forget everything you had been through in the past. Almost.

"Shit, it that Jungkook?" Namjoon said, snapping your mind away from him, "He's alive?" He looked down at your blood red hands, "You saved him?"

You nodded mutely and he sighed, "I'm sorry," He said simply, "This is all my fault. When we get home, we need to talk,"

"I don't know if I want to go home with you," You said suddenly, your voice the clearest and strongest it had been in a long time, "I don't know if I want to be with you,"

Namjoon's eyes widened and he reached out towards your hand, before hesitating and pulling back, "Autumn," He said, "I know I've not been the best husband, but please give me another chance. I've never begged before in my life, but please just talk to me,"

'Talk to me,'

What you should have done to start with. You had been so caught up in the fact that this was a forced marriage, and you didn't like it, that you didn't even think to use your voice.

You frowned, your mind spinning as you tried to control your thoughts. You had the courage to tell him that you didn't want to go home with him, you could gather the courage to talk to him, at least. It was clear that he wasn't here to kill you, so maybe you could finally talk to him like an adult.

Taking a deep breath, you nodded. Before you could speak, however, you saw movement behind him, and your mouth dropped in shock. Your entire body stopped working as you saw Jimin, his eyes mad with anger, raise his gun and point it directly at you.

Without thinking, Namjoon jumped forward, wrapping his arms around you and twisting so his own body was between you and Jimin. There was a loud bang and you felt your back hit the hard floor, Namjoon on top of you.

"Namjoon?" You gasped, panic beginning to wash over you. He had just sacrificed himself to save you. Without even stopping to consider what he was doing, your husband had put himself in between you and the danger.

"I'm okay," He grunted and pushed himself up, looking over at the dead body of Jimin, blood pouring from a hole in his head.

"What?" You said, confused.

"Fuck, that hurt," You heard Jungkook groan, and turned to see him still laying on the floor, with his gun in his hand, "Did I not fucking tell you to stay behind the table, dumbass?!" He snapped at you, ignoring the fact that Namjoon was there, "You haven't listened to a fucking word I've said all day,"

"Jungkook," Namjoon said, turning and bowing his head deeply, "I owe you my life. You saved both my wife and I,"

Jungkook coughed weakly, "Well, she saved mine earlier, so I guess we're even,"

"No," Namjoon insisted as he helped you to your feet, "You have the backing of my group, whenever and wherever you need it,"

Jungkook stopped moving for a second, before he pushed himself up into a seated position, "Thank you, Mr Kim,"