14

There was a knock on the door and you looked up as it swung open, revealing the man that was in here with you before.

"Boss wants you out front," He grunted, his eyes cold as he surveyed you, "There's news that Namjoon is on his way with Min Yoongi and some of their allied men,"

Jimin grinned as he looked at you, "Good for you, sweetheart. Your hubby's on the way. You'll be dead, soon, so have a good think about your last words,"

He holstered his gun before leaving the room, and the other man closed it and locked it quietly once he was gone.

He stood in silence for a moment, listening carefully at the door, before moving to you and pulling out a long-bladed knife from inside his jacket.

You squeezed your eyes closed as he moved behind you, waiting for the inevitable cold bite of the steel blade against your throat, or into your body.

However, instead of feeling pain, you felt the release of pressure on your wrists as the rope fell to the floor.

The rope around your waist that was pinning you to the chair was next, and you looked back at the man in shock as he sheathed the knife and pulled you to your feet.

"I'm from Mr Min's group," He said simply, "He sent me orders from Mr Kim to keep you safe, Ma'am. My name is Jungkook,"

You frowned at him. This was one of the things you had least expected to happen, but after what had transpired with Jimin, you weren't sure if you could trust him.

However, he didn't give you a chance to think through your dilemma; he just pushed you towards the corner of the room and upturned a table.

"Here," He said, pushing you behind it and down into a crouch so you were hidden. He then reached into his jacket and pulled out a small gun, offering it to you by the handle.

When you stared blankly at him, he frowned.

"Are you serious?" He muttered, "Kim Namjoon's wife doesn't know how to use a gun?"

You shook your head and he rolled his eyes, taking your hands and pressing the gun into your palm.

"This is the safety," He said, arranging your fingers around the weapon, "Slide this off, then you can shoot. It'll reload automatically,"

"I can't shoot," You said, your voice timid, "I've never even touched a gun before,"

It looked like Jungkook was finding it physically difficult not to get angry.

"Your husband," He said, "Kim Namjoon, one of the best shots ever known, hasn't taught his wife how to defend herself with a gun?"

For some strange reason, you felt your cheeks flushing hot, "There's not much I can do about that now, is there?" You snapped, "Just tell me what to do,"

"Slide the safety off," He repeated, "This end is the bit the bullet comes out of. Point it at the person you want to shoot and pull the trigger,"

"Right," You said with a frown, sliding your finger onto the trigger.

"Not now!" He cried, jerking the gun from your hand, "Don't put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot, or there might be an accident,"

You nodded and he passed the gun back to you, checking to make sure the safety was on.

"Why do I need this?" You asked, "I thought you were going to protect me?"

"I have a job to do," Jungkook said as he headed towards the locked door, "I'll be back for you, but stay hidden. Only shoot if you need to, and for fuck's sake, make sure you know who you're shooting at before you fire. I don't want to get shot by some rookie,"

You nodded your head again and watched as Jungkook unlocked the door and exited. You heard the lock click into place again as the door closed, and let out a shaky breath.

You weren't sure if you were relieved to be alone, or more nervous. You held the gun tightly in your hand, but your body was trembling. Your emotions were all over the place, and you couldn't help but think what would happen if you actually managed to get yourself free.

Would you go back to your husband? Would he want you back? Maybe he'd kill you himself. A shudder of dread shot up your spine. In the situation you were in, you hadn't once thought of the possibility that Namjoon would be so angry that he would just murder you.

You pushed the thought from your mind. The first moment you got, you would run as fast as you can.

You would run from Namjoon and Jimin. You would run from this life.