7

"What do you want?" Namjoon asked, barely looking up at his own menu. You had not long sat down, and you were feeling awkward. You weren't sure if this was supposed to be a date, but you had never eaten out with your husband before, and you could see a few members of his group dotted about the restaurant. You spotted Jimin sitting by the bar behind Namjoon, and could feel his eyes on you, even though you weren't looking at him.

"Lasagne," You said, seeing your favourite dish at the top of the menu, "And some water,"

Namjoon grunted and waved the waiter over.

"Two lasagnes," He said, "A water and a beer,"

"Do you want salad, garlic bread or fries with the lasagne?" The waiter asked, clearly nervous.

"One with garlic bread, one with fries," Namjoon snapped the menu shut and handed it to the waiter, who took it with his eyes downcast. He also took yours and moved away from the table as fast as his legs would carry him.

Namjoon cleared his throat and you looked at him expectantly.

"You've probably noticed that Hoseok isn't here," He said, playing with the cutlery on the table in front of him, as if he was nervous, "You don't have to worry about that,"

"I'm not worried," You said. Truthfully, you didn't even notice.

"He's picking up something for me,"

"Okay,"

The air became more awkward between you, and he cleared his throat again.

"Are you okay now?" He asked suddenly, looking right into your eyes, "I know you've had it a bit hard living with us so suddenly, but are you okay?"

You raised your eyebrows, a little surprised at him. He had never shown any compassion before, and this was completely unexpected, "I'm alright," You said. You weren't lying completely to him; recently, maybe because of Jimin, you weren't particularly unhappy.

"I'm trying," He muttered, as if he was talking to himself, "I don't really know how to be a good husband, but I'm trying,"

Before you could say anything, the waiter brought the food to the table, and Namjoon pushed the plate with the fries on towards you, "You're not eating enough," He stated, "The fries are for you,"

You finished the meal in silence, and every time you looked up, you could see Jimin seated at the bar, his eyes on you. He didn't look particularly happy, and you could remember what he had said to you earlier that day.

"Is it okay for me to love you?"

You felt your cheeks heat up and looked down at your empty bowl, your feelings conflicted.

You didn't want to marry Namjoon, but you were married. Jimin was one of his group, and he was your guard. Just the memory of his words should not be making you feel so flustered. And no matter what, you couldn't cheat; especially on a man as dangerous as your husband. Even if you did fall in love with Jimin, it could never happen. Not only would Namjoon kill you, he'd kill Jimin. Literally.

Namjoon's phone ringing in his pocket jerked your attention to him, and he swiped his thumb across the screen, before lifting it to his ear.

"Hoseok? Good. We'll be back in twenty. Make sure he's well taken care of, I don't want Autumn hearing him before we get inside,"

You sighed quietly. Even though he said he was trying to be a good husband, he was seated at a restaurant with you, talking business on his phone.

Namjoon downed his beer and stood up, "Time to go," He said gruffly, pulling you to your feet and leading you towards the door.

One of his group was already waiting outside in the car, and Jimin slid into the passenger seat as usual, with you sitting behind the driver and Namjoon next to you. The drive home took only ten minutes, and when you got out of the car, instead of heading inside and to his office like you were expecting, Namjoon placed his hand on your back and guided you inside and up to your bedroom.

Knowing that there was someone in one of the rooms underneath you being "taken care of", made you feel sick to your stomach, but instead of undressing, Namjoon sat you on the bed and told you to wait before he vanished out of the room.

He came back a moment later holding a box in his hand, and closed the door behind him.

"I realised," He said a bit sharply, "That you are left alone a lot," He cleared his throat, "I know you have your guard, and when you are here you are safe, but," He cleared his throat again and you just sat patiently looking at him. He was acting strange, but you didn't want to interrupt him, in case he got angry.

"Anyway, Hoseok suggested something else so that you wouldn't get lonely without me, and you'd have extra security,"

He held the box out, frowning at you when you didn't stand up. He shook the box very slightly and you finally got up and went to take it from him.

"No, just open the goddamn box already," He snapped, making you jump. Nervously, you opened the box and he lowered it down so you could peek inside.

You gasped at what you saw. Reaching in, you lifted out a big black puppy with brown feet and little brown eyebrows.

"A puppy?" You said, looking up at your husband with wide eyes, "You got me a puppy?"

"A Rottweiler," He corrected, tucking the box under his arm, "Hoseok's got all the stuff downstairs. You have to raise it," He cleared his throat again, not meeting your eyes, "It will keep you company and protect you," He turned away as you cuddled the puppy to your chest, unable to hold back a small giggle as you felt its hot tongue on your face and its tail waggle in your arms.

"If it bites me, I'll kill it," He muttered as he left the room, closing the door behind him.

AN: For those of you who already read this... PLEASE STOP SPOILING IT!!!!