Epilogue

Namjoon had been in his office for well over an hour with Yoongi, Hoseok and two of Yoongi's men. He told you he needed to talk some business with his friend and ally, so you had just left him to it, taking the time to play with Kookie for a while.

It had been several months since you were taken by a rival group, and Namjoon had changed dramatically.

Essentially, he was the same, cold, hard and dangerous man. You were still a little uncomfortable knowing what he did for a living, but he only talked business at home. Everything else, he dealt with in a separate office building, where you had noticed that he must have kept a spare pair of clothes, as he never came home with blood on him anymore.

When he was with you, however, he had kept his promise. He seemed a lot more open and relaxed and smiled frequently. He had also been nothing but a gentleman, and honestly, you were starting to feel rather happy with him.

He still had some ridiculous rules, but he had explained to you the reasoning behind them, and that made you feel more willing to accept them.

For example, you weren't allowed to leave the house without a guard. He didn't need to explain that one to you; you understood perfectly why he wanted someone with you.

You had also taken the time to talk to Daisy, and she had given you some advice that should have been obvious to you from the start.

"Don't just let him do what he wants, Autumn. You don't want something, you tell him that no matter what he says, he isn't getting it from you. He needs to show you respect, or he won't get any from you or his men,"

Although you wouldn't say that you were in love with Namjoon yet, you were definitely more comfortable with him now that he was able to be comfortable with himself.

You actually were enjoying the time you spent with him.

"Autumn," You turned when you heard his voice, and found yourself smiling. You had been so lost in thought, that you didn't even hear him and the other men come into the kitchen.

Kookie immediately went to him, wagging his long tail and he stooped a little to pat his large black head.

"Hello, Autumn," Yoongi greeted, "You're looking well,"

"Hello, Yoongi," You said politely. For some reason, recently he seemed a lot more intimidating than your own husband.

He turned to Namjoon and the two shook hands, "Thank you, Yoongi," He said, and his friend nodded.

"I'll see you soon. Daisy wants Autumn to come and visit, so I'll get her to call," Nodding at you, Yoongi turned and left, followed by the man you recognised at Daisy's guard, Taehyung.

However, there was another familiar man standing behind Namjoon and next to Hoseok.

"Good news, Autumn," Namjoon said as he sat down on the chair next to you, "I finally decided on your guard,"

You looked up at the pair of men, and smiled when you realised why they had been locked up in his office for so long.

"Jungkook?"

Namjoon nodded, "Seeing as he's already saved your life, I thought he'd be the best,"

You didn't know Jungkook all that well, but he had saved you twice, and you trusted him. Namjoon seemed to trust him too, and as you suspected that Jungkook actually had some sort of relationship with Daisy's guard Taehyung, you knew he wouldn't start doing anything inappropriate, like Jimin.

"Pretend I'm not here," He smiled, "I won't interrupt your day,"

"Great," Namjoon said, turning to Hoseok and Jungkook, "You can go and get the car ready. I'm taking Autumn out for dinner," He quickly turned to face you, "If that's alright?"

You smiled and stood up, "I want Japanese?"

Namjoon grinned and got to his feet, "Japanese it is,"

The two other men quickly left the room for the car, and now that you were alone, you felt the need to say something to your husband.

"Namjoon?"

"Hm?" He hummed and stood patiently, waiting for you to speak.

"Thank you,"

"You don't need to thank me. I thought that he'd be the one you'd be most comfortable with following you around. You already trust him,"

"Well, that too, but that's not why I was thanking you,"

You took a deep breath as he tilted his head a little to the side in confusion.

"I was thanking you for everything. The past few months have been really lovely with you, and I can see that you're putting in a lot of effort to not hide yourself from me anymore. You don't care about me seeing your relaxed side, and I appreciate that,"

Namjoon huffed out a small laugh and took a step towards you, "I had a bit of a reality check, Autumn. Besides, Yoongi and Daisy gave me a talking to, and I really don't want to lose you again,"

Stepping into your space, Namjoon leaned down and brushed the barest of kisses on your lips, before standing upright and putting his hand on the small of your back to guide you outside.

As you climbed into the car, a sudden thought crossed your mind.

"Namjoon?"

"Hmm?"

"The roman numerals you had tattooed after we got married. What do they mean?"

"Oh," Namjoon looked down at his chest, covered by a white shirt, "You can't read them?"

"No,"

"The top set is the day we got married. Our anniversary," He grinned, "I have no excuse for forgetting now, have I?"

"And the second set?"

He headed for the doorway and held out his hand, waiting for you to go to him, "Your birthday,"

You felt your cheeks heat up and as your heart began to hammer in your chest you realised that for the first time since you had ever met, Namjoon was making you feel emotions that you had never felt with him before.

Just by being gentle and kind, and showing you respect, Namjoon was making you fall more and more for him, every single day.

It wasn't love yet, not at all. But you were sure that if things kept up the way they were going, it might very well be love soon.