Chapter 2

*Jungkook's POV*

26th of February finally came.

I set out onto the online web to find out what the event was about. As it turned out, it was a gallery with Gogh's paintings, explaining the math or physics behind them.

Namjoon said he lost interest but I, on the other hand, grew more excited the closer I got to the building. 

There was a huge banner at the entrance:

"The probability distribution function (PDF) of luminance fluctuations in some impassioned van Gogh paintings, painted at times close to periods of prolonged psychotic agitation of this artist, compares notable well with the PDF of the velocity differences in a turbulent flow as predicted by the statistical theory of [Soviet physicist Andrey] Kolmogorov."

Okay... that did not make any sense to me. I walked inside and saw another banner, a smaller one with the words "And now in English: The physicists checked the correlation between van Gogh's paintings and natural turbulence, using Kolmogorov's model of turbulence to determine the degree of "realism" contained in the paintings. They also found that the paintings he had created during periods of "psychotic agitation" closely mirrored the turbulence we see in nature."

...

'I feel like an idiot now.' was the thought that filtered through my brain as I walked around and noticed that on every painting, a small explanation was set right next to it, explaining the science behind it. Honestly, it was all interesting and fun but I couldn't shake off the feeling that I'd seen it before. Like, not the pictures, but the setting I was in.

The gallery, the banners, the paintings - everything seemed so familiar to me. Then, I saw a man, or rather his back.

I knew that I'd never met him before but my body somehow reacted- as if I knew him very well. His light brown hair, that sun kissed skin, those broad shoulders. I've seen them before.

I walked towards him, but the man moved away and soon I lost track of him in this maze of walls. I started pacing aimlessly with the hope of finding him, but instead of seeing him, I heard him.

I looked around and saw him behind me, talking to a man and pointing towards a portrait of Van Gogh. He then nodded and sat on the ground, maintaining his good posture. He took out a small sketchbook from his huge coat pocket and started drawing the painting. He wasn't very good at it, but I could see the determination in his dark eyes.

I went closer and started watching him as he drew the portrait, trying to nail every detail, similar to how I was trying to nail every detail in his face to capture in my mind.

"You've been watching me for over an hour." The man suddenly said without looking up and I was instantly halted.

"Ah, sorry! I was just- just watching you draw! It's amazing, by the way!" I stuttered. I felt so guilty about being caught red handed.

"Thank you! You can continue watching me draw. I was just pointing it out." He said almost whispering, his deep husky voice sending shivers down my spine.

"Ah! Sorry again..." I mumbled and lowered my gaze. After a long pause, I asked, "By any chance, do we know each other?".

The man stopped drawing and I felt bad for breaking his concentration. He stood up and started towards me. He was slightly taller, but because of his intimidating stance, I felt as though he was a giant standing in front of me.

The man looked at me with an eyebrow raised high and his head cocked slightly to the right. "No, I don't think we met before?" He answered.

"Oh." I sighed.

"Kim Taehyung." He suddenly blurted out.

"Huh?"

"Kim Taehung, I'm telling you my name."

"Ah!" I smiled awkwardly. "I'm Jeon Jungkook." I introduced myself and bowed.

"Kookie."

"What?" I asked in a repeating state of confusion.

"I'll call you Kookie- it sounds cute." He said with a straight face, while mine started to heat up.

"But we don't know each other! How can you give me a nickname?" I was flustered. I didn't know what to say.

"That's why I introduced myself. Give me a nickname."

In all honesty, I would have dropped that conversation right then and there, but something in his eyes made me reconsider. They were devoid of life, yet full of it at the same time.

"Tae?" I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

Taehyung smiled, a bright one at that, and his whole face changed. The mysterious dark face had vanished and gave way to a warm, soft expression that set in nicely.

"Well, we're officially friends now!" He exclaimed.