Chapter 6

A sudden panic ran over me.

I couldn't move. I couldn't breath.

Finally when I regained my senses, when I was about to stand up, the man shook his head in disagreement. He pointed towards his phone and then to mine. A sudden noise caught my attention. My phone.

I looked at the screen to see that an unknown number had sent me a message, stating "Don't come. You'll make it harder for all three of us. I'll see you soon." When I looked up, the man was already gone.

I took it to my feet, causing the chair behind me to fall. I ran out, frantically looking for the man in the hoodie when I barely spotted him turning around the corner. I headed his way.

He was walking slowly, his clothes ragged and filthy. He stumbled on one foot, his other presumably injured. His back was slightly hunched, signifying that he might've been carrying some a weight. I stopped.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaking. The man didn't stop, but something fell from his pocket.

When I looked at it and then back at the man, he was already gone even though there was no where else to go.

I picked up the object and examined it. It was a small diary, small enough to barely fit into a pocket. I wanted to open it, but something told me not to. Well, at least not in public.

The day went by and I was in and out of lectures until I finally finished late. I went home, but a friend called me, told me he was outside waiting for me.

"What do you want?" I asked when I opened the door.

"Wanna hang out?" He asked, clearly excited.

I thought for a second and my hand slightly brushed against my pocket, where the diary was. It can wait, I thought.

I quickly went inside and put in the drawer and went together with my friend.

"So who's throwing the party?" I asked.

"I don't know?" He replied.

"Are you for real, Jin? You don't know?!" Jin was a magistrate student, but we randomly met one year ago at a party.

"All I know, is that they call him the erotic scientist." He said and then chuckled.

"What?" I laughed along with him. Who calls himself the 'erotic scientist'?

"I know, right?" Jin also laughed and we went at the party.

It wasn't a small house, but not the biggest either. It was an impressive chunk to say the least, standing at three stories high and a futuristic exterior look.

We went inside and found out that almost the whole physics and mathematics departments were there. "Definetly a scientist." I remarked.

Both of us walked through the crowd and found our crew. I was happy to see that BamBam also made it.

"Dude, you came?" He exclaimed. "You never show up when I come pick you up! Jin really does have the charms."

"And the looks." Jin added and flipped his dark hair.

"Do you guys know who this erotic scientist is?" Jackson asked.

Jackson was a final year English major student. The most noticeable thing about him, was the fact that he bleached his hair blonde.

"Don't know." All of us replied all together.

"Hm, strange..." I whispered.

The rest of the night went down to dancing and drinking. The two most important things in a university student's life routine. And probably the only pro's.

At one point I really wanted to go to the restroom and someone pointed me towards the second floor. I went up, did the manly job, but when I came back into the hallway, the lights were out.

Thank God, that it was only on this floor. The lights from below were lighting up  the staircase dimly, but it was a long journey to them. I was walking normally, when I felt the heavy gaze of someone behind me.

I looked back, but I couldn't see properly. I turned back and started walking again, this time faster and more cautiously. I gasped when I felt a hand grab me, stopping me instantly.

"Hey, stop it!" I whispered, but was quickly shut up when they put their hand on my mouth.

"Shhh.." Was all I heard. It was soft, calming, soothing. At first I thought I was being drugged, but I was fully conscious. "I miss you so damn much." The man said, his voice full of sorrow. I knew that voice. Taehyung?

No, it couldn't be. Taehyung's voice sounded either meloncoly or full of life, this voice was deep with sorrow and regret. I stopped fighting back. I wanted to listen.

"I wish... I wish this time it would work. I traveled this much, I don't wanna do it again." He said. I felt his head rest on my shoulder, his soft hair brushing against my ear. "All this time and I finally found a place where the three of us can live together in peace... I couldn't save you last time... This time, I will for sure..." His tears were running down my shirt. I felt sorry for him, even though I couldn't understand what he was talking about, but deep down I knew.

There was more to this than I could understand.

Because...

Because I now remember.

The day I died.