Chapter 21

A/N: sorry, I had to 😂😂
***********

*Jungkook's POV*

My vision was hazy, I couldn't keep my focus on a particular spot. I could sense that there was someone in front of me, comforting me with faded gentle words while removing the bullet from me. To be honest, it didn't hurt, the adrenaline was doing it's job perfectly. It was probably the only thing that was doing me any good.

"Shh, you'll be okay. You'll live.." A soft voice kept repeating. His hands worked quickly, as if he knew exactly what to do. My visions returned slowly, my headache clearing slowly. "No one is gonna hurt you from now on. You'll be fine." He said, cuping my face between his warm palms. My heart skipped a beat. "I'm sorry..." He said after a long pause, a single tear rolling down his cheek. "I'm sorry for what happened to you in my world." His face went closer to mine, his breath brushing gently on my face, then.. he kissed me. His soft puffy lips were pressed gently on mine. I didn't know how to react.

My mind and body were too tired to think of a reaction, but even if they did have some energy, the sorrow in his eyes would make me think twice. I'd never seen someone looking at me like that. Someone longing for me this much. It felt good.

The stranger distanced himself just enough for him to look me straight in the eyes. "I'm sorry for what I'm about to do." He whispered and gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

He took something out of his pocket, a small black cylindrical object around the size of his hand, and placed it in front of my face. It flashed briefly for a couple of moments and then my eyelids felt heavy. I didn't want to close them, but I didn't have a choice. The guy placed both index fingers and pushed my eyelids down.

"I miss you." He whispered, his lips once again on mine. They were so soft and warm, but the tears I felt on my cheeks from his eyes burnt me, his sorrow was strongly felt inside of me, yet I don't know who he is. "I love you.." His whispers were the last thing I heard, but they left a huge mark in my mind. Those words burnt with passion I never felt before. My heart ached for him, I... I want to see him again.

*time skip*

I turned around my bed, my face feeling the soft pillow beneath it. I gave out a long sigh. I felt tired, but couldn't help relaxing at the same time, as if a huge load was lifted off my chest.

I slowly opened my eyes to my lovely alarm, only to see that I was late for class. Again. The noise I did was surely not human.

As I stood up, my head felt like it could split in two. I gently pressed on it with my hand, as if that was going to fix anything, and went to the kitchen to take some aspirin. It didn't help, but I hoped the effect would kick in soon.

I quickly changed my clothes and went to university, where Tae greeted me with such enthusiasm that it reminded me of a five-year-old.

"Where have you been this whole time?!" He asked, scolding me like a concerned mother.

"What do you mean? I was late for like half an hour?"

"Half an hour?!?! You were gone for half a month!"

"Excuse you, but this is my first time getting late this month, which by the way is an achievement, I've been following my lectures religiously lately." I said, raising my eyebrow. "You're the one that's been absent a whole month. I've been looking for you."

"I'm the one that's been looking for you." He said, his tone getting demanding and insistent. "Uhh, then just forget about it." He later said and waved his hands in front of me. "You're a lost cause."

"Who are you calling a lost cause?!" I lashed out jokingly. Tae was about to say something when all colour was drained from his face, making it a ghostly white. "What's wrong?"

"That necklace.., where did you get it from?" He asked, his voice cracking as if under pressure. I looked down and saw a necklace in the shape of a moon inside a sun. The patterns inside of it reminded me of a Van Gogh paiting. I scratched the back of my head, trying to remember where it came from.

"I think I got it from the gallery last month, the one I met you in." I replied, not sure of my answer. I don't remember buying it, but for some reason my heart hurt the moment I thought of removing it.

Taehyung slowly closed his eyes and let out a sigh, tilting his head to the side, as if remembering a painful memory.

"Never mind. I asked because a dear friend of mine had the same necklace."

"Wait... you have friends?" I asked in fake shock.

"He's dead."

"Oh." Was all I could say. I was trying to joke around but it sharply backfired, and I could only apologize.
"I'm sorry.."