Chapter 2

When Alec got off the bus at Southport, he breathed a sigh of relief and allowed himself a moment of peace

When Alec got off the bus at Southport, he breathed a sigh of relief and allowed himself a moment of peace. Jonathan wasn't here, he couldn't hurt him. 

"Alec!" A voice shouted happily. 

Alec turned and saw Jace and Simon running towards him. Tears started to form at the sight of his best friends. Jonathan wouldn't let him visit them, when they first met Alec was still in love with Jace. Before they began dating Jonathan had helped Alec get over Jace. But this meant that he knew of his past feelings, and was extremely jealous of Jace. When Alec first brought up visiting Jace, Jonathan was furious because he thought Alec was still in love with Jace. Alec squeezed his eyes shut to try and banish the memory of the consequences of Jonathan's anger that night. 

When Jace hugged Alec tightly, Alec hugged him back just as tightly. Alec missed Jace and Simon so much, it was amazing to see them again. After Jace released him Alec hugged Simon. 

"Alec, I'm so sorry you had to go through that", Jace said in an uncharacteristically gentle voice and Simon gave Alec a sad smile.

"I just... hope you both don't hate me", Alec said anxiously. 

Jace and Simon shared a confused and concerned look. 

"Why would we hate you?" Simon asked. 

"Why? Because I haven't seen or contacted you for three years and you know the truth about me and Jonathan! How could you not hate me?" 

Jace stepped forward and placed a hand on Alec's shoulder, "What Jonathan put you through was horrific Alec and it wasn't your fault. We could never hate you for what Jonathan did to you. In fact we could never hate you full stop". 

"Y-you really don't hate me?" 

Jace and Simon pulled Alec into a hug, "No, we love you Alec", Simon said. 

They stayed like that for a long time before going to Jace's house. Alec put his rucksack into his room and unpacked his things, which admittedly were very few. It was easier to run with only the essentials, he had to leave the rest of his things back in New York. The thought of New York made him think of his family. He had called Izzy on the way to Southport to make sure they were all okay. They had made it to London without Jonathan finding them. Alec missed his family already and was afraid that if Jonathan couldn't find him on his own, he would try and use his family to find him. Alec jumped when Jace entered his room, too lost in his thoughts to hear him come in. 

"Are you okay Alec?" 

"Y-yeah I'm fine", Alec said shakily causing Jace to raise a disbelieving eyebrow at him, "So um, how come there are so many more people here than usual?" Alec said to change the subject.  

"Oh yeah I forgot to say, they are here for the festival it's a big tourist attraction. The fireworks are amazing, you should come you'll love it".