Chapter 12

Hi guys, thanks so much for commenting and reading this story. This is the final chapter of "You're my safe haven", I hope you enjoy it. The sequel is now available and ongoing it is called: "You're my Angel". Here is the link: https://www.wattpad.com/563115111-you%27re-my-angel-part-two-of-the-malec-safe-haven

The police wanted Alec and Simon to give their statements of what Jonathan and Miles had put them through. Luke was in charge and a personal friend of Jace, Simon and Magnus so he had offered to let Alec and Simon give them when they had some time to recover. But Alec and Simon both felt that if they didn't do it now the anxiety of having to do it would build up and they wouldn't be able to do it. Magnus and Jace went with them for moral support, but they couldn't be there with them while they gave their statements as they were too close to each other and could taint the evidence. Jace and Magnus pulled Simon and Alec into a comforting hug and encouraged them, they then parted and Alec and Magnus had a moment alone.  

"Are you sure you want to do this now?" 

"I need to Magnus not just for myself but for Simon too. My statement can also back Simon's and I don't want Miles anywhere near him", Alec said.

Magnus took Alec's hand and squeezed it comfortingly, "You never cease to amaze me Alexander". 

"Really?" Alec said shyly. 

Magnus stepped closer to Alec and cupped his face, Alec found himself leaning into the touch. "Yes, you have been through so much and yet here you are standing strong, still putting others before you". Magnus' heart warmed as Alec smiled beautifully at him and hugged him tightly. Magnus hugged him back just as tightly.  

"Thank you for coming here with me, you didn't have to". 

"You're more than welcome and I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to".

Alec's smile widened at those words and his anxiety started to lessen a bit. When Magnus released Alec he cleared his throat nervously, "I... we... can we talk when this is all over? There are a lot of things I need to apologize for, and maybe we could talk about us. Though I understand if you don't want to". 

"I would like that", Alec said happily causing Magnus' face to light up.

Luke approached them, "Are you ready Alec?" 

Alec looked at Magnus who beamed encouragingly at him, Alec took a deep breath and nodded at Luke. Luke patted his shoulder comfortingly and lead him into his office. Alec sat down and began to fidget. It took him a few tries to tell Luke but he was able to and Luke recorded everything with his permission. Alec knew that tears were rolling down his face but couldn't stop them, Luke consoled him the best he could but it couldn't stop the terrible memories. "H-he made me do things I didn't want to do. I tried to stop him but I couldn't, it was my fault I should have fought harder-"

"Hey it wasn't your fault. I know that is hard for you to believe right now, but it wasn't your fault. It is Jonathan's", Luke said. 

Alec hugged Luke sobbing uncontrollably and Luke hugged him back, Alec normally wouldn't feel comfortable hugging someone he didn't know, but Luke was trying to help him and he really needed the comfort. When Alec felt able to he continued telling Luke what Jonathan had done. It felt like it had taken a lifetime when Alec had finished telling Luke everything, but he felt some of the weight leave his shoulders and knew he had made the right decision to do this now. 

"I know I have only just met you Alec but I am so proud of you for doing this, it was a very brave thing". When Jonathan had been taken to the station many of his colleagues including himself had been furious with Jonathan. But as much as they wanted to, they couldn't take out their anger on him all they could do was make sure he went to jail.