Chapter 9

Hi guys, thanks for reading and commenting. I hope you enjoy this chapter :) Thanks to kaciegayle from archive of our own for the idea of Jace talking to Magnus :)  

Simon's heart ached at the sight that met him. Alec was fast asleep against Jace who put his finger on his lips and Simon nodded in understanding. Simon hated that Alec was going through this, he didn't know how Alec remained the wonderful person he was after everything he had been through. Simon motioned to Jace to go into the kitchen with him, Jace got up careful not to wake Alec and he gently put Alec's head down on a pillow. 

Jace closed the kitchen door behind him, "So what did Magnus say?" He asked quietly he didn't want to risk waking Alec up he more than deserved the rest. 

Simon sighed and told Jace how Magnus was still feeling betrayed and angry, that he couldn't believe Alec without proof. "I hate to say this Jace, but I think we need to ask Alec for-"

"Proof?" Jace said coldly and glared at Simon. 

"Look, I'm not saying I don't believe him. I just think it is the only way to make Magnus believe him". 

"I know I'm sorry I'm just so..."

Simon pulled Jace into a hug, "It's okay I understand". 

"We can't make Alec do this though, it'll be so hard for him". 

"I agree we should only do this if he feels he can". 

Jace hadn't asked Alec to show him what Jonathan had done to him before now, partly out of respect for Alec's privacy but also Jace didn't know what he would do to Jonathan if he saw the harm he inflicted on Alec. Jace and Simon went back to the living room and Jace gently pulled Simon onto his lap as he sat on an armchair. Simon snuggled into Jace who wrapped his arms around him, they talked in hushed tones for an hour or so until Alec woke up. 

Alec blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes. He sat up and smiled when he saw Simon wrapped in Jace's arms but then felt a pang of hurt, he wished he could be in Magnus' arms right now. 

"Hey buddy you okay?" Jace asked in concern. 

Alec shrugged he didn't know how to answer that question. Sleep had definitely helped and he felt much better, but his heart was still broken. Alec became anxious when he saw Jace and Simon share a look. 

Simon got up and joined Alec on the sofa, "I'm sorry Alec but we think the only way to make Magnus believe you is to... show him what Jonathan did to you". 

Alec felt his heart begin to race, "I-I don't know if I can". 

"We completely understand if you can't, it is up to you". 

Alec looked away from Simon. He was afraid of how Simon and Jace would react, he had never shown anyone his bruises. But he missed Magnus so much, if this was the only way to get him back then he would do it. Alec took a deep breath and turned back to Simon, "I...I'll do it". 

Simon and Jace smiled encouragingly at Alec and Jace left to get his camera. Simon squeezed Alec's hand. "Alec you are being so brave". 

Alec looked down, "I'm not-"

"Yes you are, you are a brave and amazing person. Even when Raj had taken you hostage you tried to make me run. You put me before yourself". 

Alec threw himself at Simon and hugged him tightly, "Thank you, for everything". 

Simon hugged him back just as tightly, "You don't have to thank me Alec".

When Jace came back he joined in the hug and they stayed like that for a long time. When they broke apart Jace got his camera ready to take a photo, "Whenever you're ready", Jace said gently. Alec nodded and steeled himself before rolling up his sleeve. Jace and Simon gasped in horror at what they saw. Alec's whole arm was covered in bruises and scars.