Chapter 3

While Magnus and Alec went to Jace's house, Jace and Simon began the search for Raj

"Simon wait", Jace said just as they got out of Jace's car. Jace was afraid to talk to Simon about Raj, he didn't know what he would do if Raj had hurt Simon too.

Simon turned to Jace in surprise, "What is it?"

Jace took a deep breath and pulled Simon close to him, "I understand this will be hard to talk about, but I need to know. Did Raj hurt you the way he hurt Alec?"

Simon's eyes widened and he shook his head causing Jace to sigh in relief, but his relief was short lived when Simon looked at the ground with tears forming in his eyes. Jace gently lifted Simon's chin. "What did he do?"

"H-he kept harassing me Jace. He was obsessed with me, Raj said that he loved me and wouldn't rest until he won me from you. I tried to get him to back off, but he wouldn't leave me alone. Whenever we came in he would always try to get me alone, and I hated the way he always looked at me and stood too close-"

"Wait a minute, you let Alec get a job at the cafe when you knew Raj was like this?" Jace said angrily.

"I told you Raj was obsessed with me, I never thought he would target someone else or take things that far. I wouldn't have let Alec anywhere near him if I thought Raj would hurt him!"

Jace pulled Simon into a hug, "I know I'm so sorry".

"It's okay", Simon said shakily though part of him was hurt, he understood that after everything Alec had been through with Jonathan Jace was very protective of Alec. He was too.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because Raj said if I tried he would hurt you", Simon managed between sobs.

Jace tightened his grip on Simon, "You suffered in silence to protect me?"

Simon nodded against Jace's shoulder unable to speak. Jace was unable to stop his own tears.

"Oh Simon, I love you so much".

"I love you too".

Alec and Magnus were sitting in Jace's living room talking to try and forget about Raj. There were police outside and a police woman inside the house with them for protection. The doorbell suddenly rang, causing Alec to tense and Magnus to stand in front of him. The police woman shared a look with Magnus and after checking the peep hole opened the door. Magnus froze at the familiar voice that still haunted him.

"I heard Magnus is here, I would like to speak to him", Camille said in a polite and sweet voice Magnus knew to be fake.

Magnus made himself walk to the door, the gentle squeeze Alec gave Magnus' hand giving him courage.

"Magnus my love, I have missed you so much".

"Don't call me that I'm not your love anymore".

Camille pouted, "Come now, you're not still upset are you? I apologized-"