Thirty Four

*A/N: I'm 110% ready for this semester to be over and I'm barely half way done. My online classes are only 8 weeks each, which means I'm doing two times the school work for each class than normal. Hence why updating is so darn difficult while classes are in! Especially now that I'm in 400 level classes and am starting to complete volunteer hours, look into internships, and prepare for graduate school. Anyways, how are you guys doing? 

Chapter Thirty Four

C A R O L I N E

"You're really soft."

I couldn't help but giggle, gazing up at Dominic, who was stroking his hand through my hair leisurely. We were still in bed and it was almost noon. Dominic had apparently planned to take us to the beach, where that cave was, but a sudden thunderstorm made that impossible. So we opted for an inside day instead.

We both woke up around ten, mostly because Dominic couldn't lay there without touching me in some way and the way his fingers traced a path from my hip to my knee and back again had me roused within moments, goosebumps lighting up my skin. After about fifteen minutes of the two of us snuggled up under the blankets, Dominic leaned in to kiss my mouth before rolling out of bed and announcing that he would be providing me with breakfast in bed.

Dominic burnt the french toast he attempted to make, but we avoided the charred taste by smothering them with nutella, whip cream, and strawberries. While he had been cooking, I got up and did the basic morning routine, I brushed my teeth and my hair, used the bathroom, and even washed my face before climbing into bed. So when he got back, I felt a little more put together and pretty.

Damn it. I wanted to look good for Dominic. When had our relationship come to this point, where I felt the need to not look like a hobo so he would think I was pretty? But instead of him telling me I was pretty, he would later tell me I was soft.

"Are you calling me fat?" I teased.

He snorted. "No. I'm saying you're soft. And you smell good. Your hair is like silk and your skin is smooth and perfect. Even if you have a little bit of extra pudge on your cute little tummy, I would prefer it. That only makes you softer."

I leaned back and glared at him. "So... you're saying I'm pudgy?"

Dominic reached behind me to the bedside table, keeping one arm wrapped beneath me. Carefully enough that I didn't notice, he edged my shirt up to above my belly button. Before I could realize what was happening, he sprayed my belly with the whip cream and dove down to lick it off of me. "Dom!" I squealed in laughter and slight embarrassment, trying to push his head away from me. "You're so dumb."

His teeth scraped against my sensitive skin, making me grit my teeth and my fingers lace through the locks on his head. Dominic let out a moan and lifted his head suddenly. "Stop, sugar, or else I will lose control."

"You're the one that should be stopping," I claimed, slowly letting go of his hair and looking down at my tummy. "If someone walked in right now, this would be quite the predicament."

He chuckled, looking up at me and shaking his head. "Not quite. Now, if I was between your legs, that would be a different story." My face got hot and I looked away from him, chewing on my bottom lip. "I wouldn't mind being between these gorgeous thighs."

"Do you have to be so vulgar?" I groaned, but absentmindedly shifted my thighs together, hoping he wouldn't notice.

Dominic grinned at me, his hand moving beneath the blanket to hook on my inner thigh, parting them. "I can smell your arousal. You can't just squish your legs together and hide it from me."