Thirty Eight

A/N: If you want someone to blame for such a late update, you can blame my new child: 

Except don't blame him because I will fight you. 

He has an underbite but is still valid and 12/10 and if you disagree, you can fight me and my son, Beau

Anyways. On with CH. 38! 

CHAPTER 

THIRTY EIGHT

DOMINIC

"I'm doing good, right?" Caroline asked me tiredly, hopefully.

She was currently sprawled out on the floor, bare stomach touching the cool hardwood flooring. I was sitting beside her, stroking her hair tenderly. In all honesty, she wasn't doing that great. It was only day two and she was miserable. I had heard it was worse with the mark of an Alpha, but poor Cara was barely holding on. Since that night in the tub, she had launched herself at me three times. Of course, each time only lasted a few seconds, but I was the one that had to peel her off and essentially wake her up from the control of the heat.

"Of course, sugar. You're doing incredible."

She smiled at me. "Thank you." A bead of sweat dripped down her forehead and onto the floor. Poor thing. At this point, there was little to keep her temperature down. She just had to outlast it. "I'm sorry I keep jumping you," she murmured.

With a chuckle, I playfully tugged on her hair. "You don't have to apologize, sweet love. It isn't your fault. Hell, this isn't even you. Not really. This is your instinct taking over, the primal instinct."

"My primal instinct is a bitch," Caroline claimed with a laugh, but it was short and strained, revealing the pain she was in.

I matched her small laugh and ruffled her hair some more. "But you're doing great."

Caroline sat herself up, rubbing her face tiredly. "I'm really not though, huh? This is only the beginning and you're just being nice."

"You are doing the best that you can given the circumstances. Some women have sex as soon as they feel the heat coming on. To make it even two days is a feat."