Show and auditions.

The Glee club

The Glee club.

"Okay, guys!" Mr. Schuester said, clapping his hands as everyone had gathered. "So, first, I'd like to announce that the people you've managed to enroll are registered for the auditions next week—"

"That makes only one person," Kurt pointed out uselessly.

"Yes, but that's more than you have been able to enroll," Santana replied nastily.

"Can we talk about your failure with the cheerleaders?" the Sophomore kid said haughtily.

"Guys, guys!" Finn interfered. "Focus."

"Thanks, Finn," their teacher continued. "So. The second news is that in a few days, we'll perform in the auditorium for the whole school, I've come to an agreement with Principal Figgins. I fortunately could make it official, so everybody's gonna be there."

Rachel rose, incredibly rejoiced. "That's just what we needed! They're all gonna see our talent, and they'll join, then we'll be able to go to the Selectionals!"

"Don't get too optimistic, Dumbo," Santana said, "you could be disappointed by the kids in that school."

"Let's not lose hope, guys. And that's why we're gonna start rehearsing right now! I've chosen a song you could relate to, and that will move the other students."

"And what's that miraculous song?" Kurt asked, dubitative.

"It's called Loser Like Me, it's not really known, but it's great." Everybody seemed convinced, even Kurt did. "Let's get started!"

***

The Glee club

The Glee club.

The whole Glee club was nervous—it was their first public performance, and they were afraid not to be well-received. The curtains had not risen yet, and Mr. Schuester was advising them a few last things.

"Okay, don't forget to do those little steps we've learned during practice, and look at the audience, alright? You have to... to captivate them, you know? Great! It's gonna be your turn, so just breathe in, and give us all you've got! Good luck, kiddos!"