Forgive, forget.

Santana

Santana.

Now that the Glee club was slowly growing its numbers, Santana had even more worries about her true goal for being in that club. Coach Sylvester was always bugging her for new information about Mr. Schuester, or how well they practiced for the Selectionals–a few weeks away from now–but the Latino girl had more and more trouble giving her what she wanted. Firstly, because Isabelle was also a spy for the tyrannical teacher, so her job was shared in two, and secondly because she felt closer and closer to the other members, and more and more loyal to Mr. Schue, and felt like she couldn't betray them. Yes, she hated Berry and Isabelle, and even Puckerman a little now, but still, the others had done no harm to her–even if this Simon Lewis new kind was starting to truly annoy her.

Plus, it seemed that Sylvester had had enough of their job as spies, because on this particular day, after only two or three weeks of competition–and, meanwhile, of Glee club recruitment–the blond teacher had announced she'd finally choose her new head of the cheerleaders. Santana and Isabelle were on top of the list–they were Sue's pets–and were both sure they'd get this glorifying status.

Santana was therefore walking in the hallway as if she already owned the school, and got to the information board, where the results had to be displayed. When she realized her name was nowhere to be seen, and when she noticed precisely who had got the job, she swallowed back her pride and headed to the cheerleader training place. Several girls were already there, laughing at her outraged face.

She spotted Isabelle among the crowd, who looked as furious as her. And for the first time, she felt her.

"A little disappointed, I see," a voice came behind her.

Lydia, one of the oldest–and one of the best–cheerleaders of the group, had put a hand on her hip, and was staring at Santana and Isabelle, who had got to her side, with a wide smirk.

"Shut up!" Santana replied angrily. "Either I or she was supposed to get the title. You were not even competing!"

"Well, as regards your poor attempts to keep an eye on the Glee club, Coach Sue decided I'd be a better man for the job. Guess she didn't want a corrupt as head girl."

"You're talking about corruption?" Isabelle cut sourly. "You don't realize you're the corrupts here. Mr. Schue and the Glee club wouldn't force us to spy on others, wouldn't make us do anything we don't want to do, they're a family to us. They're not looking for competition. They just want to have fun. So I don't even care about not having a title that means nothing."

"I hate to say this, but you're totally right," Santana backed up in a shy smile.

Lydia was startled. "Since when are you two acting like best friends? I thought you hated each other."

"Well, being in the same club, and hating the same boy helps you get closer," Isabelle replied with a wink to her tan mate.

They left Lydia and the other cheerleaders in shock, making their way to the room where the Glee club was having their duet songs today. When they entered joyfully, everybody stared blankly at them. They ought to be asking themselves the same thing as Lydia.