Dating.

Santana

Santana.

Simon was not really the type of guy Santana dated. But he had this sparkle, this vitality in him, which made her smile. It didn't matter that he talked too much, that he made bad and nerdy jokes. She liked him. He was different from everything she had ever known. And lately, she'd found herself prone to a little change.

"So do you come here often? I heard their breadsticks were actually made of bread," Simon said in a cute, innocent way.

"I don't know about that. I just know the waiters are lovely here." Simon coughed in embarrassment. "Oh, sorry. You're lovely too."

She frowned discreetly. With other guys, it was so much simpler. She didn't have to worry about hurting their feelings. She only got to talk about herself all night and making sure they could get a peek into her cleavage. But with Simon, she really felt like she got to know him a bit more each time.

"Do you wanna order, or something?" Simon asked, his smile back on his face.

Santana agreed. The evening went on, and the two of them really seemed to get along. But at some point, as Simon was obviously doing all the talking and Santana was listening for the first time to someone–and with attention–they were interrupted.

"Santana Lopez? Are you really hanging out with this loser?" The two friends turned around to see Puck entering the restaurant a few meters from them. He approached and continued, "It's not because he's in the Glee club that he's become cool, you know. I mean, you're not going to date every guy there?"

"Is that jealousy I detect in your voice, Noah?" she replied in a bright smile.

"What–No! I just thought you knew better."

"Well. You've got no right over me. I like Simon. He is cool." The brown-haired boy who was wearing glasses blushed and raised his look back to Puck. "What are you doing here anyway? It's not like you have a date, is it? You're not the date kind."

"Well. I am, see." He pointed at a table near the door, where a blonde girl was already sitting, looking out the window.

"Lydia? Really? Did you just go for her because you knew she got the cheerleader title and Izzy and I didn't? That's really disgusting. You're disgusting." Santana wasn't smiling anymore. Puck was, nonetheless. She knew his little plan had just worked, she had just gone for it. She raised and pushed him faintly. "You know what? I don't even care. You're worthless to me, Noah."

She left quickly, and Puck was left smiling, looking back to a shocked Simon. The nerd panicked, dropped a few bills on the table and left, too. Santana was sitting on the parking-lot, her head in her hands.

"Hey...," Simon hailed her softly, before lowering beside her. "Are you... are you okay?" She didn't answer. He smiled embarrassedly and continued in a cute, fun way, "I could beat him up, if you want." She laughed without looking at him. "I think he didn't deserve you. He's a jerk. Just forget him. Let's have a nice night, just the two of us."