One week away from Selectionals.

Santana

Santana.

Santana had nothing against the newcomers–among which, Jace Super Hot Lightwood, who had joined thanks to his gay brother or whatever the reason was–but if there was one member more than annoying, that was the Lewis kid. Of course, he could sing–and apparently, that was a revelation to the boy himself–but if he just could stop talking. She had just been a few times on the seat next to his and he kept on commenting everything Mr. Schuester said, even if it could be relevant.

She knew she shouldn't be so annoyed, but truly, she had to tell him to shut up.

"... Now our duet session is over–and I'm congratulating everyone for their performance, and I bet Jace would have done something great if he had arrived on time–we'll go on practicing for Selectionals. We're going to face the best chorals of the region, and it's our first contest... Santana, Isabelle, I think you told me you had an idea about that?"

"Well," the Latino cheerleader replied instantly, raising from her chair and facing the group. She was quickly joined by her new female friend. "As cheerios, we've got a lot of experience in competition. I think you should trust us on this. We'll need strict and regular training. Altogether. There'll be no excuse." She went on, helped by Isabelle, telling them all they needed to know.

Santana caught sight of Lewis chatting with Kurt while Isabelle was talking about adding practices to everyone's timetable. "Hey, the nerd one," she hailed in irritation. "We know you are marveled by the pretty looks of Porcelain here, but could you just at least pay attention to us?"

Simon blushed and stood quiet, looking at his shoes. Kurt smiled next to him and Isabelle continued. Mr. Schuester applauded them two, followed by the rest of the Glee club, and said he would need their help for the organization. The bell rang and everybody got out whether in excitement or in fright, considering the amount of practice the cheerleaders had added to them.

"Santana!" someone called her behind her back. She was arms-in-arms with Isabelle, but turned around. Lewis was quickly putting his stuff together to meet her. "Hum, excuse me, could I have a word?"

"See you tomorrow," the tan girl said to her leaving friend. "What do you want?"

"I was talking to Kurt, and–"

"Yeah, I saw that," Santana cut nastily.

"I'm not gay, you know." She raised her eyebrows, trying to sort out how awkward their conversation just got. "I mean, I do not like Kurt. Well, I like him, but not... not like this. I don't think so. You could think it like that, because Raphael used to bully me just like Jace did with Kurt, because he was gay, and now it looks like he's stopped, I think that's because of Alec... Do you think Alec is–"

"Do you never stop?"

"Oh, sorry, I–" Simon went quiet and looked down, again. "I can't help it. I'm trying hard. I know it bothers you every time."