Forever My Life

A Year Later

Christopher

"Babe, I hate that we're leaving." Liyah said to me as she brought her suitcase downstairs.

"I know, we can come back for our anniversary, if you want?" I said before pecking her lip.

"I'll have to think about that one." She said. Officially a married man now. The years put in with Liyah were amazing and unbelievable. I've never met somebody that gave the same amount of love to the same person for so long. It kinda spread off on me because I'm growing to love her even more by the day. Liyah is a blessing in disguise for a lot of people, if I was to lose her, I don't know what I would do honestly. It would be impossible to live life without her. Her smile, her laugh, her soothing words, the positive in her, how she has that touch to things, and makes home feel like home. I couldn't have asked God for a better soulmate cause she's right here.

"Why you gotta think about that?" I asked laughing.

"Cause there's so many places to choose from."

"You already know I'ma give you the world." I said as she smiled.

"I already have it." She said wrapping her arms around my neck. "I can't wait to get back to my babies." She said after pecking my lips.

"Sure. I've heard about the kids atleast a thousand times in the last 3 days." I said.

"You know you miss them too." She said hitting my arm.

"Nah, I ain't got any kids." I said as I started laughing.

"You just wanna be kidless huh?"

"Sometimes." I smirked. "Of course I miss my kids babe. They bad asses always on my mind."

"My kids ain't bad."

"Sure they ain't. You always bailing them out of they consequences. Can't ever discipline them."

"That is not true!" She said smiling.

"That's why you're smiling, cause you know it's true."

"Whatever." She said playfully rolling her eyes.

*

"Mommy! Mommy!" CJ yelled as we walked into her parents house.

"Stop all that yelling." I said walking in.

"Awwwwww, look at my baby." Liyah said picking him up. He a little Momma's boy, thanks to Liyah.

"Hey Mama." I said greeting Mrs. Haughton.

"Hey there son." She smiled. "How was the honey moon?"

"It was good." I said.

"We not expecting any more kids are we?" She asked as I looked at Liyah.

"No Mama." Liyah said as I started laughing. "Maurice will be the last for now." She then said as Mama gave her a look.

"Have you talked to your brother?" She then asked Liyah.

"No, not since the wedding." She said.

"Him and Monica are expecting."

"She gave him another chance?" I questioned.

"Yeah." Liyah said.

"After that whole thing last year? I thought they were done, I never heard him bring her up after that. It's good they're having a kid now." I said.

"Yes, how is Tremaine and Keri?" Mama asked.

"Same as ever. Keri is thinking about divorce though." Liyah said. Man where have I been?