...1...

Daisy Wilson, the newest member of The Seabrook High Cheer-leading Team. Go mighty shrimps......

That, my friends, is the ultimate dream come true and this year I finally get to tryout.

This is what I have been dreaming of since the day I picked up my first pair of pom-poms. Years of dominating cheer camp after cheer camp, every summer vacation. Finally, I am a Freshman in Seabrook High which means I get to tryout for the cheerleading team.

The best part is that I will not be doing it on my own, I will have my two besties, Addison and Bree, right next to me.

However, if I want to be able to get into the team I need to remember to keep my contacts in because in Seabrook anything that does not fit into their perfect image or their perfect lifestyle is shunned.

How, could something not fit into this lifestyle? Well.... an example for this is definitely the zombies that are close to the town.

Now I know what you are thinking: Aaaaahhh zombies!!!!! How could you live in a town near zombies and still have a normal life? Are you insane?

The easy anwer to that is after the zombie outbreak, the town people built a wall to prevent any zombies from getting into the town. However, because that was years ago nobody really seems to notice anything different and because of that we live normal lives.

But this year it will be a little different. This year the zombies are allowed to attend our school. Eeeeehhhh...... can you believe that. Hopefully they will not eat my brains.

After getting ready I looked into the mirror and fixed my contacts in.

Ohhh ...... right my contacts. I did not really explain why I have those. You see I do not have what you would say a normal eye colour, in fact my eyes are a lilac colour. Nobody in my family knows why and nothing happened to turn them into this colour. They just are like this naturally. Now normally people would be going: Ohhh.... that is so cool!!!! But in this town abnormal is shunned and/or discriminated. So because my parents did not want me to have a hard childhood they encouraged me to wear green coloured contacts. This way people would not know that I have strange coloured eyes.

Nobody knows about this except my family, not even my besties, Addison and Bree

Nobody knows about this except my family, not even my besties, Addison and Bree. I know it is not right to keep secrets from my friends but I am just too scared of losing them. We have known eachother since the third grade and if anything was to happen to our friendship, I do not know what I would do.

With one last look into the mirror, I closed my pastel pink door and went down stairs.

Step by step I look at each photo hanging on the wall. Now in a normal family you would expect there to be family photos hanging.

But no, the photos that hang on our walls are all the accomplishments that my family has gathered up through the years. From a first prize ribbon for colouring inside the lines, my little brother won last year, my mum's Regional Cheer Championship group photo from when she was still in high school, a picture of my dad being carried away by his teammates after scoring the winning touchdown for the big State Championship game (Sadly the last that Seabrook has gotten for a long time, regarding their football team. However, dad says that he has a feeling that this year could be different), and at the end of the staircase we see my very first cheer camp trophy for being the best cheerleader of the camp.

I take a moment just to look at that picture. There is seven year old me, smiling at the camera with both my front teeth missing, hugging a trophy as tall as me. That was the moment that I knew that this is what I wanted to do.

Cheer.

But not just for anybody, I wanted to be on the team that my mum used to tell me stories about. I wanted to be part of the Seabrook High Cheer-leading Team and today I get to be apart of it.

I walk into the kitchen to see my dad sitting at the kitchen counter sipping at his coffee and reading the newspaper while, my mum just finishing breakfast and putting a plate of eggs in front of Brian, my little brother.

"Good morning, honey. How are you feeling this morning, ready for the big day," my mum asks while handing me a plate with bacon and eggs. I slap Brian's hand away, while he tries to steal my bacon. Boy should know by now that I do not share my bacon. As always my dad just chuckles at our antics and goes back to his sport section.

Remembering that my mum asked me a question I quickly stuffed my bacon into my mouth turn to my mum and responded with, " Yeah, I am sooo excited, this is my year mum, I can feel it."

"Just remember to be careful with the zombies, flower. I know you like to make friends but you need to remember that they are vicious creatures that only want one thing from us, and it is definitely not your help with their homework," chipped in my dad, finally done with his coffee.

"I know daddy but maybe-," I started but my dad cut me off, " No, listen I know that you think that because they are allowed at school they have changed but just remember you cannot change someones nature, and sadly flower, their nature is to eat human brains." during this Brian was mimicking my dad. Yeah as you can see my dad has been saying the same thing since we heard of the integration of the zombies.

"Fine, daddy I will be careful but if I do not leave now I am afraid that I will be late for my first day of school. We do not want that to happen now do we?" I teased while grabbing my bag off the hook near the door. With one last wave to my parents and because I am such a mature big sister, I stick my tongue out toward my brother.

Get ready Seabrook High the newest cheerleader is heading your way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the interior of the house, the outfit that she wore to school and also the mirror she uses to put her contacts in.