...7...

It has been two days since I had to decide between cheer and the zombies. 

The decision seemed so obvious at the time. I, mean, I have been dreaming about being a cheerleader since I was a baby. My mum would always tell me stories about how she was in this specific cheer team. How they would make her feel supported and how they were like a second family.

So for years and years I practiced my cheerleading skills. I went to every cheer camp that I was allowed to go to. I used to make up little cheer routines for my family during the holidays. All my life I have been working towards this. Being a cheerleader.

But this does not feel how my mum describe the experience to be like. What type of family forces you to choose between your dreams and your friends? How is shielding me from experiencing new things and meeting new people, protecting me?
But most importantly, is being a cheerleader really worth it if it brings me so much misery?

As I walk down the hallway, towards my lockers, not even looking where I am going, I suddenly bumped into someone, knocking my books down.

Ugh, today is really not my day. As I bend down to pick up my books, I see that the person I walked into was still standing there.

So standing up, with my books in my hand, I finally look up to see who I walked into. Oh, Bucky, the one person I really wanted to see right now! Not.

Sighing, I bring my books to my chest and ask," What do you want Bucky? I need to put these away and go grab my gym bag before the practice starts."

"Woah, why so gloomy? Daisy, you know I am still your friend too. You can tell me what is wrong," he says while rubbing my arm. After all he has done to me in the past two days he still thinks he can play the 'friend' card? 

Taking my arm away from his hand I shake my head at him,"No, Bucky you are not my friend anymore. Friends do not make their friends choose, friends do not forbid them from talking to their new friends, especially just because their a little different."

"But.... but..... it has always been like this Dase. We are taught to fear them, and there is a reason for it. THEY ARE ZOMBIES! They are stronger than us and they eat brains which I am starting to question if you have," Bucky aggressively exclaims, disbelief in his tone.

"How dare you! Do you really think that the principal, even that your aunt, the mayor of this city, would have let them come to the school if they still thought that the zombies were a danger. It was a long time ago, Bucky, they are not the same. I just really hope that you will see that one day," I say, shaking my head at the end.

Turning around I continue to walk towards my locker, not even paying attention to Bucky anymore, even with him following behind me.

Ignoring him, I put my books into my locker and grab my gym bag, making my way towards the gym where our team practice is today.

As I close the door, I turn around and face Bucky, who has now settled, laying against the locker next to mine. Let's just hear him out, maybe he wants to apologise?

"Yes Bucky, are you here to insult my intelligence again? Because I really do not have the time or patience for that," I state, with my arms folded.

"No, I am sorry. That was a low blow, even from me. I know that you think that they have changed but I just do not trust them and I know you have been miserable these last few days. I see how this has effected, Addison, Bree and your friendship so I want to make it easier for you," he explains, pushing himself from the locker.

Okay........?

"How are you going to make it better? What do I have to do?" I ask, all sadness wiped from my face. If there is a way for me to be with my friends again and still stay on the cheer team, I all for it, even if it sounds too good to be true.