...12...

Oh, it is not looking good for the football team so far.

It is already half time and Seabrook has still not made a single touchdown. Which is troubling for Zed and the zombies. If he does not get his grove back, I do not think that the principal will let the zombies stay.

Even if Addison, Bree and I try to get the crowd to cheer for Zed, they still just 'boo' at us or laugh at us. Have they ever thought that it could be their negativity that is putting Zed off of his game? I mean if the stories are true, and he really did knock down the whole team before, than he could surely do it again but because they are telling him he cannot do it, it could be messing with his mojo.

So when the half time whistle is blown and the players go back to their locker room, Addison and I decide to go to Bucky and confront him. It is not right that he is not encouraging the support for ALL the players which include Zed too.

With a laugh, Bucky answers, "What do you expect girls, nobody wants them here and clearly they are not as useful as they claim to be."

Now that is a little harsh, there is still some time left for Zed to get his chance to score. So with a determined look on my face I respond," You do not know that. It is his first game Bucky, he is probably just warming up. You will see."

"Yeah, maybe if we give him some support, he will show us , just how much he deserves to be here," Addison pipes in with her own determined look. They need to see that we are not going to back down, Zed and the zombies deserve to be hear just as much as we do.

"Fine, when the game starts again I will leave the anti-zombies chants alone but only if he scores a touchdown in the first ten minutes of the game," Bucky proposes, seeing that we were not going to stop until we get our way.

Just as I was about to respond, the teams start to come out, signalling that the game is about to start again.

You can do it Zed!

The game has been going on for a few minutes now and it seems that nobody is defending for Zed. He keeps on getting tackled by the other team and nobody is stopping them. It even seems like they are inviting them to go for him. That is so not right! Aren't team mates suppose to support each other? Why can they not just put behind their petty differences and be a team?

As I have my inner rant, something happens on the field. Instead of getting tackled down like the previous times, Zed seems to be going straight through them. Is this what they were talking about?

There is something different about Zed now, he seems more brutal, more instinctive, more zombie, but how?

Nobody said a word, not a sound was heard from the crowd. Everyone awestruck by the display of pure power that is being shown on the field. Zed was unstoppable.

As the game goes on, Zed seems to dominate the field. Touchdown after touchdown, never getting stopped once.

I cannot believe it. This has not happened for a long time in Seabrook but it looks like we could actually win this game. Dad was right, this year is different for the football team and it is all thanks to Zed.

"See Bucky, we told you that he was just warming up,"I boast, looking at the scene in front of me. I can honestly say that I love being correct.

"I am telling you this Dase, there is something wrong here. Nobody is that strong without any advancements. See how dangerous they are!" Bucky shot back, seeing that this could be the opportunity to show me that the zombies are infact just as dangerous as Bucky and the rest of this town says they are.

But as I look to the stands, I see all of the zombies that wanted to support Zed, jumping around, laughing with each other, cheering along with the crowd and I do not see the imminent danger of the situation. I even see an older looking zombie man and a little girl holding a stuffed dog, shouting at the top. That is probably Zed's dad and sister. How can the people not see that they are just like us. They have families, they have dreams, they have emotions, they are not monsters.

As I look around I see that the clock says that there is only two minutes left of the game.So far it is a tie between Seabrook and the visiting team. With so little time left I do not think that it would be possible to score.

Just when I was about to give up hope,
I hear a battle cry -roar coming from Zed as he runs through the opposite teams defence line, knocking down the people as he plows through.

Just as the clock hits the one second before the end , Zed dives of the finish line, pressing the ball into the other teams zone, winning the game for Seabrook.

The moment that it was anounced that Seabrook have won the game the crowd goes wild. Everyone is cheering and jumping, hooting and hollering, but all I care about is the small group at  the top of the stands. The group picking each other up and cheering for their fellow zombie. For he has made history and has possibly made is a lot more easier for zombies and humans to get along, and how so? By following his dream.

But as I look at the group, I see a certain shaggy haired giant, holding Eliza up in the air with the biggest smile on his face. Cheering and roaring with the others. Even though I know that we are not really anything except friends I still cannot help but feel a small pit in my stomach. Even if I know that they are just friends, I cannot help look at the way he holds Eliza, how happy they look together.

As I see him with someone who is the same as him, I realize how different we are. It must be so much easier for him to talk to her. She can actually understand what he is saying. He does not have to struggle with a notebook just to communicate with her. He probably feels like a burden with me, I never really see him smile that way with me but to be honest I cannot really see his face when he writes his notes.

Do we really have a future with each other if  I cannot even keep him as happy as he does me? Maybe I should just give up on the possibility of an us? It is for the best after all.

Still in my thoughts, I did not realise that everyone is starting to walk down, probably going to go congratulate Zed for his win. But the thing that startled me was a hand in my shoulder, lightly tapping me to get me to turn around.

I turn around to see an overly excited Bonzo standing there. He waves at me and goes to grab his notebook but before he gets it out I decide to stop him before I chicken out. It is for the best.....

"Umm, sorry Bonzo but I really need to go! My parents called and said it was urgent. Tell Zed I say congratulation by the way. I will see you around," I lie, making up an excuse to leave him. I know this is bad but hopefully he will soon realise that this is for the best.

With that I turn around and quickly walk away from him, refusing to look at his confused face. Making sure he did not see my tears.

 Making sure he did not see my tears