...8...

I am living the best of both worlds right now. I am able to hangout with my friends (humans and zombies) and still be in the cheer team. Well that was what I initially thought.

It has been a week since I reconnected with my friends again. But I cannot help but wonder what is up with Bucky and The Aceys.

After practice, Bucky would wait for me to finish up in the dressing room and walk with me, making small talk along the way. Now I know he said that we were still friends, so I did not think anything about it. Maybe this is his way of apologising. However, he would always ask me about what Eliza and I do during lunch, what she eats, if I knew what she did with her computer, all these super personal questions. Am I the only one that thinks he has a crush? On a zombie girl!

As the week went on, I still thought that he was crushing on her, until I overheard Tracey ask Stacey if she knew how to program things with an old computer. Suspicious much? Why would they want to know that?  Especially when I told Bucky about Eliza's computer the previous day. I was devastated, I thought  Bucky was finally excepting the zombies, but I see now I was only fooling myself.

So now here I am, dishearted, walking towards the basement, where our group usually gets together, on the count of, it is easier for the zombies.

With all my suspicions about Bucky's true intentions with be-friending me again, I need some advise, so I go to ask the group what they think.

As I shuffle into the basement, I see everyone here except Zed and Addison. Those two just cannot be away from each other. From the first day they met, you could see how much they liked each other. I hope that one day I will get to experience that type of adoration and love. While I daydream, I could not help think about, apple carvings and strange grumbles. Am I falling for Bonzo? I could not help but wonder this.

Every time I see Zed and Addison together, I feel almost envious, in a way. But not because I want to be with Zed, oh no, definitely not but because they are together, they are able to steal glances from across the hallway and they are able to hold hands whenever they want, they are able to tell each other how they feel for one another but most importantly, they know how to deal with their feelings for one another.

I, on the other hand, cannot come to terms with these new, strange feelings, which seem to only arise when I think about my zombie speaking friend.

"Hey Dase, what is the matter? You do not usually look so upset after a practice," I hear Bree question after she sees me.

"Oh, Bree, I thought everything was fine now! But I.... I think Bucky is just using me as a spy or something," I exclaim, finally realizing the reality of the situation.

Hearing the word spy, Eliza and Bonzo come closer."What do you mean spy? Why would Bucky want a spy, everyone loves him. Well except for us of course, but-, wait, is he spying on us?" Eliza questions, figuring out what the situation is.

Turning towards her, I think about the situation, and just nod my head.
"Well, why do you think he wants to spy on us?" She asks, pointing between her and Bonzo. That does seem really strange. They do not really do anything that would annoy him.

While they discuss this between themselves, I just went and sat in a chair in the corner, needing some alone time to think.

I just cannot get over the fact that I was so naïve as to think that Bucky would get over his beliefs, that he could see that the zombies where friends and not the monsters that we are made to believe.

While I sat there looking through the small window, I suddenly feel a presence next to me. Thinking it is Bree wanting to comfort me, I sigh and say,"I just want to be alone tight now Bree."