...13...

I have been avoiding everyone since the football game.

I did not join the rest when they went to congratulate Zed for his win, I did not get to celebrate with Addison and Bree over our little victory over Bucky, and worst of all I have not talked to Bonzo since I lied to him, making up an excuse as to why we could not talk, and in overall, I feel horrible.

I had to hear through the gossip around school that apparently Addison hugged Zed after the game and Bucky saw. This led to him forbidding her from seeing him ever again or else she is off the team.

How can I so selfish? One of my besties is going through heartbreak and devastation and the one person that knows what she is going through is not there to help her.

But right now I have my own problems to solve and Bree is just going to have to be there for Addison, for the both of us.

I just need some time to myself, hopefully, they will understand. I walk down the hallway, moving towards my locker to get my bags. It is the end of the day and I just want to get my stuff, go home and wallow in my own self pity as I binge watch sappy romance movies, shouting at them of how they are all lies.

I get to my locker and open it, missing the piece of paper that flew out when I opened the door. I take my maths and biology text books, that I was holding, and put them back into their designated areas. What can I say, if my locker is not organized I cannot get anything inside which would just inconvenience everyone around. I get my gym bag and my school bag and start to shut the door, but because of the two bags that I am carrying on either side of my hips I accidentally knock some of my things, in my locker, out.

Ugh... I really do not need this today. Has my day not been bad enough as it was?

As I pick up my stuff, a lot of people around offer to help but with each offer I politely decline and tell them that I do not want to inconvenience them and say that I got it.

As I place the last of my things back into the locker I see a piece of paper on the floor. At first it looks like a piece of scrap paper which I was about to throw away but as I turn it around I see my name on the front, scribbled in the familiar blocked handwriting.

.... DAISY ....

Maybe I should just ignore it? It did fall out of my locker, I can just say that I did not see my name. As a walk towards the garbage bin, getting ready to throw away the note. I lift my arm up clutchimg the note in my hand, hovering it over the opening of the bin, getting rid of the only contact I have gotten from Bonzo since the football game. I stop.

I need to see what is written on the note. Even if it is just for one last goodbye. I need to ease my mind and get closure. So with that in mind, I take a deep breath and open the flap. Looking at the note it was not really what I was expecting. Instead of a simple 'goodbye' or even a 'I never want to see you again', I instead get a letter.

Hey... I see that you got my note.... Well, I cannot really see that you got it but heheh* Well, there you have my cheesy joke of the day. I miss seeing your reaction to them everyday at lunch time. Where have you been? You left so fast I did not get to talk to you after the game. It is pretty quite lunchtimes now that you are not here anymore. Zed sits around and mops about how he cannot hangout with Addison anymore, which led to Bree not coming either. I know that Eliza said that humans and zombies cannot be friends but even I can see that she really misses Bree too.

With them moping around I realised that I am missing my human too. So the question is: Why are you gone? Did we do something wrong? You know that you can talk to us, you can talk to me. I have been here for you always you just need to talk to me. Well, you talk I write but you get the point.

Maybe if you feel like it, we could possibly meet up at the music room tomorrow? I have something that I want to show you.

Hopefully, I will see you tomorrow in the music room or even earlier,

Bonzo

Wow, I did not know that me leaving would be that bad. I really need to go and help my friends with their problems. Bucky seriously needs to get a life. What does the lives of others have anything to do with him? Nothing!

I really miss our jokes too and I have to admit I miss him too. If it was not the end of the day, which means that the zombie bus went back to Zombietown, meaning they were not here anymore, I would probably be running down to the basement, fling the door open and beg for forgiveness for my stupidity.

Meanwhile, back in Zombietown, busy writing down the final note onto his, no Daisy's notebook, Bonzo smiles at his creation.

Hopefully, she has gotten the note otherwise this will be all for nothing.  Bonzo needs to be able to show her that he is here for her and that he is ready to get to know her better because he knows that what he is feeling for the blonde cheerleader is something stronger than a friendship and this is his one chance to see if she feels the same way.

As the day ends, both the zombie and the cheerleader could not wait until the next day, one nervous about what is going to happen and one excited at the possibility of developing their  connection.

For now, however, all they can do is wait.