...4...

Who knew cheer tryouts could be so brutal. Aren't the cheerleaders suppose to be peppy and overly friendly?

Through out the tryouts, Bucky and The Aceys, as they call themselves, have been eliminating the people that are not to 'their standards'. But just looking at the people they are choosing I cannot help but wonder if I will be next. I mean all they had to do was make one little mistake and Bucky or The Aceys humiliate them and send them off crying.

But I need to stay focused, so shaking off the negative thoughts I put on my smile and stand ready for the final test.

"Alright, listen up this is the last test before we are officially done with cheer tryouts and have our new cheer team!" Bucky announces, while looking up from his clipboard, putting his hands together.

Looking around he seems to linger in my direction before carrying on, "Now we all know if you want to be a cheerleader, you need to be able to get a crowd to love you, just like they love me!" He exclaims while pulling a string revealing a crowd of people sitting in the bleachers. Ugghhh....

Sitting down, trying to motivate myself, I watch as person after person stands in front of the crowd and tries to get a reaction from them. Some are good, being praised by the crowd, resulting in them getting their official Mighty Shrimp Pom-Poms but others are not that lucky which results in The Aceys dragging them away, kicking and screaming.

Looking around I see that it seems to be only Addison, Bree and I left. So when Bucky shouted for the next person, Bree started to freak out. She kept on saying that she was not good enough for the team and that we are much better than her. We tried to reassure her that she is just as good as us but she just shook her head and went to go sit by the other rejected people.

Sighing, me and Addison walk in front of the crowd. Yeah, I know we are suppose to do this individually but Bucky said it was fine if we go as a team because he knows that I get a little shy on my own. Hey, just because he is a big jerk does not mean that he is heartless. That is one of the reasons that I was hanging out with him this summer. Maybe he is changing?

Addison and I walk in front of the crowd and I look towards her, nervously, I reach towards her hand, needing a little support from one of my besties, she gave me an assuring hand squeeze while nodding her head towards Bree, trying to hide between the rejects. We need to do this for Bree, if we get in maybe we can try and convince Bucky that Bree deserves it too. So with that we get into position and hope for the best.

Yeeeesssss........ we made it!!!

I cannot believe that we will be apart of the Mighty Shrimp Cheer Team. We even got Bucky to let Bree in too, even if it is only as a stand in. While we are busy celebrating Bucky announces that we have a pep rally this afternoon so we need to start and practice. Luckily the routine we had to learn for tryouts was the one he wants to use so all we have to do is fine tune it.

After doing the same routine five more times, Bucky finally says that it is good enough and lets us rest before we need to get ready.

"Can you believe it, we are finally on the cheer team, just like we always wanted!" Addison exclaims while she  is busy doing Bree's hair for the pep rally.

"I know, this is a dream come true. Thanks you guys for what you did. I would have never been able to be here if you did not convince Bucky," Bree confesses. Addison quickly puts down the hair brush she was holding and hugs Bree, which makes me hug them both.

"You are welcome, but I still think that you would have been able to get in on your own," I say while giving her one more hug. "Now with that done what  should I do with my hair?" I ask twirling my hair with my fingers.