...11...

What if I forget the routine? What if I kick someone by accident? What if I embarrass my mum?

All these what ifs. I thought that after having my discussion with Bonzo all the what ifs would be answered but with one problem solved, another is bound to resurface.

Yes I know nobody cares about football in Seabrook but they do care about cheerleading and today is our first opportunity to cheer, even if it is for football.

Well at least that is what I would have thought before I knew that something different was happening. For the first time ever, Zed, a zombie, is going to be playing on the team. Which means that for the first time there are going to be zombies in the crowd, Bonzo is going to be in the crowd, with Eliza and Zed's family too of course.

So today is a day that we need to remember and in order to do that I need to be the best. Which brings me to my current predicament.

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!

This is going to be my second performance in front of people and to be honest the first time did not go so well. Even though I do not regret meeting Bonzo and all of my other friends, I just cannot help but wonder what would possibly go wrong this time.

As I fiddle with the end of my hair, completely into my thoughts I suddenly feel a pressure on my back and I get knocked forward.

"DAISY, we have been calling your name?" Addison exclaims, getting off of me.

"Yes, you have been doing that alot lately. Are you alright? Do you want to talk about it?" Bree questions still on me but hanging from my neck, in a hug.

I sigh and lift Bree's arms from around my neck, walk to the mirror on the wall, to check if they did not mess up my hair and finally turn towards the girls.

" Guys, I am a little stressed for today. How can I not be? The last time we tried to do a performance live, everything went horribly wrong!" I exclaim, sharing my worries with my friends.

With a puzzled look on her face, Bree asks, "What do you mean? I mean yes I understand that there was a little accident but-"

"Little accident? Bree! Addison and I almost plummeted to the floor from at least 10 feet. We could have been seriously injured!" I cut Bree off, finally admitting to myself and them that I was and still am scared of performing.

"Look Daisy, I know that what happened to us was scary but do not let one small accident ruin cheer for you," Addison says while she comes and hugs me again. Moments like these make me love my best friends even more. They are always there to comfort me when I am feeling down, even if I am difficult.

I pull group towards us to make a group hug before letting them go," Thanks guys, I know for sure that you will always be there when I need you but I think that I need to go take a walk. Just to clear my haed a bit. See you later?"

" Alright, if you are sure, we will be here if you need us," Addison says while pointing towards both of them while Bree nods her head in agreement.

I thank them both and walk out of the changing room. Deciding that I will walk around the halls for a bit, try to get my mind off of my stress.

As I walk in front of the trophies cases I slow down, seeing a familiar picture.
It was the same picture that we have oncthe wall at my house. The picture of my mum's Cheer Championship win.

She looks so happy there. That was always my appeal to cheerleading, the happiness that my mum shows through the picture. Like there is no where else that she would rather be.

Yet in the few weeks that I have been part of the cheer squad I still do not feel happy. On one hand, so far all that cheer has brought me was sadness, stress and confusion. But on the other, cheer has also brought me all of my friends, new and old. It brought me closer to Bonzo, literally. And to be honest even if our meeting was a little unconventional, it gave me the opportunity to get to know him, them, to see how they really are and not just what I was taught to think.

As I stare at the photo, I suddenly feel a little tap on my shoulder. Startled, I turn around, expecting someone to be behind me but I do not see anyone.

Instead I see a paper plane on the floor. Huh? That is strange. Where did this come from?

I go and pick it up. Maybe there is something on it?

So I take a closer look and see that it has some writing on it:

Open me♡

Now I know that handwriting but I cannot remember who's it is. So to find out more I unfold the plane.

There is a longer note inside:

HI !!!!

This is probably weird for you but I just saw you walking around looking sad so I decided to cheer you up a bit by being spontaneous.

So did it work? Are you impressed? I take great pride in my origami skills you know. It is almost as good as my apple carving skills.

Heheh!!! 
Remember Eliza and I are going to be there to cheer you on so have fun.

See you soon feather,
Bonzo♡

How can someone always know what to say and do to cheer me up. Where is he though? He is probably outside in the bleachers, cheering with the rest.

But with the knowledge that he is out there cheering me on makes this worth while. So with a new determination and confidence I walk back to the changing rooms to get ready.

I probably looked happier when I walked back in because the moment the girls saw my face, Addison asks,"Wow what happened?" But before I can answer she continues,"Your mood changed quickly. But whatever happened must have been good because you look more confident than before so keep it up," she states giving a hug before walking out with the rest of the girls.

As I walk out the only thing that I can think of is how Addiosn said that "whatever it is keep it up" Would she still say that if she knew that it was Bonzo's note that made me happy? Would she still say that if she knew that Bonzo made me happy?

Wait did I just say....... No it cannot be true. We are just friends, right? Right! But why does it make me queasy to think of him as JUST my friend? Am I happy with JUST friends?

For the first time since we have met and my feelings started to become confusing towards Bonzo I can finally give an answer to that question.

No I am not happy with just being friends with Bonzo.