Chapter 1

Who knew something so small could cause so much damage? I'm pretty sure that whoever created this did not anticipate for it to be used so...wickedly. Even so, this product was made for sleeping. I just wanna use this to help me sleep forever. If that makes any sense that is. I sigh as I look at the small pills in my hand. All I have to do is swallow them and this would all be over. This nightmare that I call a life would end and I could wake up somewhere else.
    But I can't. I heard at school that people who commit suicide are nothing more than cowards looking for a way out. Then again, that word isn't too far from what I'm normally called. The longer I look at the pills, the more inclined I am to take them.
    A loud voice snaps me out of my reverie.
     "Jace, I'm home!" I quickly put the pills back inside of the bottle from which they were previously placed in and shove it in the back of the medicine cabinet before closing it. I catch a small glimpse of my reflection in the mirror, but I quickly turn away before I can fully have a chance to actually see myself.
    "Jace!" The voice yells again. I quickly rush out of the bathroom and down the stairs before he can call me again.
    "I'm here I'm here", I say calmly. I look at the man in the living room. He looks exactly the same as he left this morning. Tall, black hair, brown eyes, freshly ironed gray business suit, and a black briefcase. The only thing that catches me off guard is his smile. The man I know almost never smiles. But I don't dwell on it for too long. I don't want to anger him.
   "Hi dad." He smiles again and it almost looks unnatural. Forced even. "Hi Jace. How was your day?"
   "Good", I reply automatically. His smile is gone and the frown that I know all too well replaces it. "Are you sure? You seem a little uneasy." I shake my head. "I'm fine. Just a little tired."
   His smile is back full force and I almost jump back by how weird it looks on him. He's up to something, I know it.
   "Why don't you go to bed a little early then bug." It's more of an order than a question. Without hesitation I nod and turn around before heading up the stairs. I pause mid-step with my back still to him. "Goodnight dad." I can't see his face so I only hear a "Goodnight bug", in response. I continue up the stairs with no further conversation. I don't want to question his actions. I can only hope that as I lie down tonight, I won't have anything to worry about. But hoping for something does not mean it's guaranteed. I learned that the hard way.
    I wake up to the feeling of a hand on my stomach. I don't even need to turn around to know who it is. A deep voice whispers quietly in my ear startling me. "I didn't scare you did I?" Rather than answering, I opt to stay quiet. His hands run down my stomach and to the waist band of my pajama pants. He doesn't even hesitate to put his hand in my pants and pump me slowly. Tears well up in my eyes and I swallow down the puke threatening to make itself known.
   "Does this feel good bug?" He whispers. No it doesn't feel good. I want to just get out of bed and jump in the shower just to wash away the feeling of his hands on me. Anxiety rushes through my body and I have to take quick breaths to make it stop. I don't like this. With tears in my eyes and with a broken heart, I solemnly whisper,
  "Yes daddy"

Hey guys what do you think? Was it bad? I hope you guys like it cause it's my first book on here and I really want to continue this story. If you want, I'll update as soon as I can. And if you have any criticism, I'll gladly take it. Bye guys and have a great day!!-no_nonsenceny