Chapter 6

The words echo in my mind. Big brother? I look at Caleb. He doesn't look back at me. "Stop lying." Caleb looks at me, shocked. "I'm not lying. Why would I lie about that?"
   "He put you up to this didn't he? Or do you just want to embarrass me?! Haven't I already been through enough?!" I'm starting to yell.
   We dropped Ali off almost 5 minutes ago, so I don't have to worry about waking her up. Luckily by the time we got to her house, she had slept off most of the alcohol so she left with me telling her to take plenty of aspirin for the headaches. In the meantime, me and Caleb have been sitting in the car around the corner from my house.
   Caleb grabs my shoulders. "Jace, calm down. I swear that I'm not lying to you. I would never lie to you about something like this."
   "Why," I whisper brokenly. "Why wouldn't dad tell me?" Caleb shakes his head. "Dad's not in his right mind right now. After mom's death, he lost it. I can't exactly tell you what happened, but I promise that I would never do anything to hurt you. I had to leave."
    "Caleb..." I suddenly want to tell him about everything that I've been through these past years. All of the abuse that I suffered at the hands of my-no our father. All of his twisted lies and sick touches. But I can't. If I tell Caleb, then he'll hate me. It's my fault that our father treats me the way that he does. If only I was good enough. If only I was dead, then things would be better.
   "Jace, I have to go," Caleb says.
   "No!" As soon as the words come out of my mouth,  I regret them. I didn't mean to say that out loud. Caleb chuckles at my embarrassed face. "W-what I mean is, so soon?"
   That was even worse.
    Caleb chuckles again before saying "Yes." I look at him. "Take me with you." He sighs. "Jace, you know I can't. James would-"
    "Fuck James!" I interrupt him loudly. "I don't care what he says. You're my big brother. I have a right to be with you!" He puts his hand on my shoulder.
   "One day," he sighs. "But for now, you should get home." I don't know why but it breaks my heart when he says that. Probably because that I know that once I enter that house, I'm walking back into my nightmare with no chance of waking up.
     "Okay," I sigh. I open the door and get out. Caleb quickly gets out of the car and runs around the car toward me. He hugs me close to him tightly. I hug him back and we stand there for a few moments. This time, no one interrupts us. "I promise I'll try to come get you soon Jace." I nod against his chest before I let go. I give him one last wave before walking back to the house.
    The lights are off when I open the door. My dad must be asleep. I quietly make my way upstairs. I'm about to enter my room, when my I hear my dad's voice call to me. "Jace is that you. Come here."
   I make my way to my dad's room and he sits on the bed. His lights and tv are both on. He must have been waiting for me. He motions for me to come closer and I slowly make my way towards him. I'm about to sit on the bed when he grabs my wrists and forces me to sit across his lap. He's only wearing a back t-shirt and sweatpants so I don't miss it when his member pokes on my ass. I try to hide my fear as he talks to me.
   "So how was the part? Did you and Ali have fun." Of course I lie and nod to him. To make it feel real I say, "I made a new friend. Her name's Lizzie." I can see that even though he tells me that it's good I made a friend, he doesn't like it by the way his eyes harden.
   I fake yawn, hoping that he'll let me go to bed. Of course it doesn't work.
   "Aw is my little bug tired? Why don't you sleep with me tonight." At the thought of even laying in this bed my heartbeats quickens and my chest tightens.
   "Um, it's fine. I can make it to my own room." He seems disappointed with my answer but lets me go. I stand up and go to leave his room. "Jace," his voice calls out. I turn around.
   "Aren't you gonna give me a goodnight kiss?"
   I bite the inside of my cheek and stare at him. I have 2 options: try to make a run for it and get an even worse punishment, or kiss him and risk getting molested/raped.
   I walk towards him and quickly duck down and kiss him on his lips. Before I can pull away, he grabs the back of my head and keeps my lips on his. He forces his tongue into my mouth and almost shoves it down my throat. His tongue wanders around my mouth for a while and I begin to need air. When I start seeing black spots he pulls away and licks my lips. I resist the strong urge to shiver and quietly say "goodnight."
  "Goodnight my little bug. Sweet dreams," He smiles. I rush out of the room and go straight to the bathroom. After a long toothbrush session, I go into my room and change. I grab Harry from my bed and sit down cuddling him. I breathe in the fresh scent of laundry detergent and it helps me sleep.
    I want to ask my dad about Caleb but from how he already acts when Caleb is around, I feel like asking him would be a bad idea. Dad clearly doesn't want me to know anything about Caleb and if I told him that I was in the car with him, I can't even imagine what could happen to him. I slowly drift off to sleep, still holding Harry, the last thought running through my head is,
   I have a brother.

Hi everyone! This chapter is a bit shorter than I would like, but I plan for the next chapter to be longer and better. Tell me what you guys think and remember to have a great day my lovelies!!!-no_nonsenceny