Chapter 1 - My Fault

Lucy's P.O.V

My fault.

It's all my fault.

None of this would've happened if I would've stayed st the Heartfilia Estate. Natsu wouldn't know me and he would be safe. Zeref would still have his car. Mavis wouldn't be trying to cover me with a hood. Everyone but me would've never knew me and be safe if I had just accepted who I am.

Right now, Zeref and Natsu were leading the way while Mavis and I followed behind under the biggest cloaks. There were still some helicopters searching for us, so we stopped every now and then to hide under the cover of the pine trees.

.

.

We finally reached Gajeel's father's car shop and ran inside, slamming the doors behind us,

"Well, well, well. You Dragneel's getting into trouble now? I told you that she couldn't hide in plain sight, but you guys just wanted the Heartfilia daughter to have a normal life." Gajeel's dad said.

"She should live a normal life. Just because she's rich doesn't mean that she should be treated like an object." Mavis said.

"I agree, I agree. I just think that you should've put her in a more... discrete place. A place with not a lot of people."

"But then she would see the same people over and over again and not expand her sociability." Zeref said.

"Then you can move-"

"Stop talking about me in front of me. For all we know, he could've been following us the whole time and I don't want him to find us. So shut up and talk about the next course of action." I snapped. They all seemed shocked at my outburst, and I was terrified of myself. 

"I'm gonna go sit in the lounge." I said, walking out of the room and leaving everyone in there to bicker. As i walked out though, no one seemed to notice that I took my hood.

I wasn't planning on sitting in the lounge. This is all my fault.

So I'm gonna run.

I run out of town. I look back and see the tiny building that was the car shop. I see them all scattered around, like they were calling out for me. I paid no attention, for the sun was setting, so i had to move quickly.

I quickly sprinted into the cover of the dark abyss of the forest, hoping that none of them saw where I went.