Chapter 5 - Tracking

Natsu's P.O.V

Zeref was following the trace that we got from my phone, and it led all the way to the forest that surrounded the town. The forest seemed like a good place to hide, but for Lucy, it seemed extreme. Not even I would dare to go in that forest alone with how thick the trees are.

"Why would she go into the forest? In this weather! It's still winter! She'll freeze without her hood! She'll freeze in general!" I mumbled to myself as I tried to think of the reasons she would do it for. I could only think of the reason being me. She doesn't want to drag me into her affairs, but even if she stopped me, I'd find a way to get into her affairs so that I could help her! Is it that bad to want to help her?!

"We're getting close. The tracker says that it's just a few feet away. We should go by foot from here. The terrain isn't good for the car." Mavis said, turning to me and looking at me with a certain expression. I looked up with the eyes of a demon. I wanted to find Lucy, and I wanted to do it now. She nodded, knowing what I was thinking, and turning back to face the front as Zeref slowed down.

Zeref pulled the car into a stop and we all got out. I didn't even wait for them to follow. I ran out to the open field and started looking. I slightly tripped over the thick snow that held onto my feet as I ran.

"Lucy! Lucy, where are you?!" I called, hoping that out of her stubbornness, she would answer.

"Natsu! If she didn't answer her phone then I'm sure that she won't answer now." Zeref scolded.

"But she'll freeze with all of this snow and cold winds! She hates the cold and is very vulnerable to it! We have to find her before she freezes!" I yelled back. They tried to think of something, but they both knew that I was right. They knew that she wouldn't last long. Not without me to help her stay warm!

We continued walking for at least an hour. I was beginning to loose hope that we would find her, but right at that moment, I saw a very, pale looking women, with hair as yellow as the sun, past out on the ground.