Chapter 2

Jensen awoke to the loud alarm clock that was still not blocked by the pillow. He groaned and reached to grab it but failed in falling onto the ground. He sleepily grabbed the alarm clock from under the pillow and smashed the button, probably jamming it for later. He picked up the pillow and threw it back onto his bed, he looked to see the bed was empty, no dog or anything. He sighed and scratched the back of his head, messing up his hair more so than it already was. Standing up and walking out the door, Jensen looked around for the dog, the one he took care of a little bit last night. He looked everywhere he could to find him but looked at the door. He jogged up to the wooden door to see it was open, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, knowing he locked the door, "Old locks..." He closed his door and went to sit on his couch, having a little bit of time before his shift at the small pastry cafe shop. Skylar waited for Jensen's shift to start and then walked to the shop. He walked in the door and up to the counter to order coffee and a cookie. He looked at Jensen and smiled before placing his order. His eyes sparkled in the lights, his eyes seeming familiar to Jensen, but the colors are weird. Skylar flashed his sharp teeth as he smiled.

 "So, I Would like to order one large black coffee and two cookies, surprise me." Skylar kept his eyes on him for a few moment before he pulled out his wallet waiting for the price. Jensen chuckled and placed his hand onto his chin, stroking it as if he was thinking deeply. He raised his eyebrows,

 "How about a cake? Just a small cake, but they are very delicious." He leaned forward to Skylar, acting as if he was whispering a secret,

 "The strawberry Delight is my absolute favorite." He held out a finger as if to tell him to wait a moment as he disappeared into the small kitchen area where they made the fresh deliciousness. He came out with a small plate, a fork and a small piece of cake. 

"Here you can try it and see if you'll like it."

Skylar Looked at it and tilted his head slightly like a dog would.

 "Hm, why not, I guess." He shrugged as he looked at Jensen. He pulled out some cash and put it onto the counter. 

"Keep the change." There was $20.00 in change. Skylar looked into Jensen's eyes for a few moments before he looked back at the cake. Jensen went to the back to grab a large coffee cup and filled it to the top with plain black coffee. He came back handing it to Skylar and could see he had not even tried to take a bite. "Are you not a strawberry fan? Here wait." He quickly made his way to the back once more and came out with a bite of their famous German Chocolate Cake. He grabbed the unused fork and picked up the small bite from the plate, holding it up for the man to eat, along with another fork in his other hand with the strawberry kind. "Now open wide and choose, c'mon you're makin me look like a fool." Jensen laughed, behind him his friend he's had ever since he came back from the military, Kassie, was behind him stacking the shelves with pastries, bending over in her tight jeans. This was basically their routine, Jensen would flatter the folks up front and if it didn't work then Kassie would help out in the back. Skylar didn't pay attention to her. He looked at Jensen for a moment and took a bite of the strawberry cake quietly. He looked at him again. He thought for a moment.

 "It's good." He said as he tried to stay calm, wanting to be petted again like the night before. He shifted his feet his eyes going elsewhere knowing he can't stare. Jensen let out a laugh as he shoved the piece of German cake into his own mouth, not letting it go to waste.

 "Good choice, And since it seems to be your first time here i can give you a small discount on the strawberry cake." He winked at the young customer and went to grab a small fresh piece of Strawberry cake. He came back with it all boxed up and handed it to him. Jensen Punched in the numbers and the total came back as '$15.00' He held out a $5 for Skylar, 

"There you go, please stop by again." He shot the boy a smile as kassie came up to talk to him. Skylar waved a goodbye before he turned and walked out the door towards the street. He lets out a sigh.

 "Didn't go as well as I would of liked." He shrugged and walked a distance away. He sat under a tree and he ate the cake and drank his coffee. He noticed a note inside the box and became confused. He slowly unfolded it and read it. He sat there confused of why Jensen would give him his phone number but mentally he was screaming yes. "Hell Yeah." he laughed to himself as he looked up at the sky. Skylar put the number in his phone but decided to wait to text the number. He pulled out his pills, took one and finished his coffee. He stood putting the note in his pocket and throwing his trash away. He walked a bit away before he shifted into his wolf form, looping back around. He walked in front of the shop and laid by the glass store window, noticeable to everyone inside. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was shorter! Enjoy! -Amber