Chapter 27

Jensen knocked on his mother's front door with his foot and waited for her to open the door. The door opened and his mother looked up at Jensen and froze. "Jen- what are you doing! He killed people! He is a murderer he is going to kill us!" His mother was now yelling. Skylar opened his eyes slightly and looked up and over at Jensen's mom.

 "What?" he mumbled half asleep. Jensen looked at his mom with a desperate face, 

"Mom please, let me explain, I promise i'll tell you all that i understand, I just need your help." Carol balled up her fists, trying to calm herself down as she stepped to the side and let him in, she couldn't deny her son when he needed help. As a mother that's one of the most terrible feelings. Jensen made his way in and set Skylar down in the living room on the couch, shaking him a little bit, wanting him fully awake.. 

"Sky? Wake up Skylar. We're at my moms."

"Whatttttttt" he mumbled at Jensen before he opened his eyes almost fully before letting them shut again. He was quiet for a few moments before he reopened his eyes. 

"Oh." he said looking around. Jensen stopped himself from laughing, knowing his mom was feeling anxious right now, she felt scared and he could literally feel that emitting from her. 

"Okay, i'm just going to spit it out, and yes it's going to sound beyond stupid and crazy cause I thought so myself but Skylar was experimented on when he was younger by a bunch of more than smart but crazy doctors who thought about combining dogs and humans and crap." Man this really did sound more stupid coming out than in his head.

"He's basically a fucking hybrid like on those shows we used to watch, he's 'owned' by this guy who could basically make Skylar bend to his every will which explains the killing, I know I hated it too, I still do but i know it's not his fault. Mom, we need to use the bunker, that's why we came here so we could hide for a few weeks and when the guy gives up then we'll be safe. I'm sorry i'm dumping all of this on you but I have no one else that I can trust."

"You sound crazy, none of that is true. . . ." Skylar frowned at Jensen before he allowed his ears and tail to be shown. Carol looked over at the boy who was on the couch.

 "I-yes. . . .you can. . ." she was lost for words she had no idea how to react, knowing the boy had also killed people was a shock but this?! How was she to even react? Jensen grabbed his mom's hand and held it in his own, looking into her eyes,

 "Mom it's okay, i know it's really messed up, and i know you're scared. I am too but I love Skylar, none of this is his fault." Jensen pulled his mother into his arms and held her close, hugging her to show her that he's there for her.

"Do you have to stay in the bunker? Why not stay in the house.. .. . .." she seemed a bit uneasy and upset but she was holding herself together.

Jensen shook his head, "Only sometimes, I don't exactly know what all we're doing because this is happening so fast." It was true, he didn't know what was all going on or what they were going to do, he didn't like not knowing.

Carol bit her lip before speaking. "I have a gun. . .you will be safe.. . . .I will kill for you. . .if they try to hurt my Jensen I will shoot them. . ." She was glaring.

Jensen let out a quiet laugh before he let go and looked at his mom with a thankful look. "Thanks mom, Love you." Jensen never felt awkward about telling his mom he loved her, and he was glad he was like that.

Carol smiled. "I love you too hun. I will ready your room if you want?" she was really pushing for him to stay in the house.

Jensen shook his head with a smile on his face before he sighed and nodded his head, "Fine, okay okay we'll stay in the house but if something happens we're going in the bunker, Okay?" Carol looked at him. 

"If something happens I'm shooting them, then we don't have to worry." she said as she walked towards Jensen's room. Jensen couldn't help but laugh at his protective mother, she was always overly protective after Jensen had murdered his father.

She was depressed a couple of weeks after that event, not because her husband was dead but because her son had to do something like that, even when he was a child. She hated herself but her sister snapped her out of it, she had to be there for Jensen, now more than ever.

Carol knew that and she decided she would never let someone hurt him ever again, not if she could stop it. She wouldn't stop being there for him and wouldn't allow herself to slip into depression, she's constantly around people, calls her sister everyday and bakes pies. The pies reminded her of Jensen, reminding her of how she's supposed to be a mother for her son.