An Audience

"Flight number 407 to New York is now ready to board. All passengers make your way to gate 23" the voice over the intercom announced as my butterflies grew intensely.

I grabbed my hand luggage off the seat beside me and headed over towards the gate, texting Jen for the last time before I got to New York.

*About to board the plane! Will text you when I arrive. Miss you already!

Pips xoxo*

Seconds later my phone buzzed in my pocket.

*Awesome! Have a fab flight! Say hi to Tom for me too :)

Jen xXx*

I switched my phone off and slipped it into my bag before entering the gate. The hostess checked my passport and ticket then allowed me to board the plane. I prepared myself for the next six hours and forty five minutes.

A young lady, about the same age as me, sat in the seat next to me. She looked as nervous as I did. To help her calm her nerves, I decided to strike up a conversation with her.

"So what's the reason you're heading to New York?" I asked, she looked over to me with a friendly smile

"I'm flying out to visit my brother, he goes to university over there and because he can't afford to fly over to me, I'm going to him." She answered

"What about you?" She questioned

"Well I'm actually going to visit my boyfriend, he's working over there for a few months" it felt weird calling Tom my boyfriend, I'd never thought about it before, but I guess that's what we were now. I giggled to myself, making the lady give me a strange look.

"What does your boyfriend do?"

"He's an actor" I replied, then I realised this conversation may not have been the best idea, I doubt Tom would want the world knowing his personal life and as soon as one person finds out about us, it would be all over the news within hours.

"Oh really? Has he been in anything I'd know?" I nodded, but decided that I'd twist the truth slightly as to not give anything away.

"He was in War Horse. He played one of the English soldiers." I wasn't lying, but I wasn't giving anything away either.

"So that means he must have met Benedict Cumberbatch and.... Tom Hiddleston" she sighed on the last name, making me chuckle to myself.

                                                                        ~~~

I woke up with my head leant against the window, the sound of snoring came from a few seats in front of me. I pulled my iPod out of my bag and pushed the headphones into my ears a familiar song came on that made me smile to myself.

"I don't care if Monday's blue,

Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too,

Thursday I don't care about you,

It's Friday I'm in love"

I hummed along with the tune, just like Tom did when he made breakfast. I knew there was a reason I loved this song. My nerves had completely disappeared by the time the song had finished and instead were replaced by extreme excitement. Despite living in America most of my life, I'd never been to New York before and paired up with seeing Tom in less than two hours, it was clear that this was going to be the most amazing day of my life. so far.

                                                                                ~~~

An hour and forty five minutes later, an announcement came over the plane from the captain informing us to fasten our seat belts and prepare for landing.

The wheels hit the Tarmac of the runway and the whole plane cheered, congratulating the captain. As we taxied back to the gate, I switched on my phone and received a barrage of text messages. I opened them all as I waited to leave the plane.

*Hey Pips! I know you won't see this until you land but I hope you have fun on the set. I'm mega jel right now. Tell Chris Hemsworth I love him ;)

Jen xXx*

*Sorry, last one from me. Don't want to panic you or anything but Andy just showed up at my door asking if I knew where you were. I just told him you were out of the country at the moment. I'll deal with him so you don't have to worry. Much love!!

Jen*

What? Andy had been asking where I was? Even though she'd told me not to panic. I still did. However, knowing that she was going to deal with it, gave me a lot of hope and it calmed me down again. I finally got to the last message which made my heart leap.

*Hello beautiful. I miss you so much! Can't wait to see you! Text me when you land and I'll make my way to the arrivals gate.

Tom xxxxx*

I looked up to see the plane was almost empty so quickly replied to Tom.

*Just landed, leaving plane now. I can't wait to see you either darling!

Piper xxxxx*

With that I shoved my phone into my pocket, grabbed my hand luggage out of the compartement above my seat and left the plane. The baggage collection point was teeming with people, I decided to regret waiting on the plane until almost everyone had gone.

Ten minutes later I was heaving my suitcase off the conveyer belt and rolling it out the way of the other passengers. I found the exit and headed towards it, knowing that right through those doors, Tom was waiting for me. I tried to figure out when the best time was to tell him how I felt. The middle of an airport may not be the best place Piper. I decided I would do it somewhere more personal and private. Tom meant so much to me and I wanted to make that moment special, for both of us.

The automatic doors swung open. I didn't need to look around to find him because the moment I stepped through the doors I saw him standing there, surrounded by a large group of people. But not just any old people, standing beside him to his right was Chris and Elsa, to his left stood Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans and behind him, I could make out the faces of Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson. If he was trying not to make a scene with the paparazzi, he was definitely going the wrong way about it. Despite there being such a large welcome party, the only person I had my eyes on was Tom. The Queen of England could have been standing there and I wouldn't have cared. I automatically started running towards the group, towards Tom. I dropped my bags when I reached him and threw my arms around his neck, crashing my lips onto his. It was only when I heard a loud applause that I remembered we weren't alone. The whole room was staring at me and Tom clapping and applauding my entrance. My face suddenly went very red. I felt a soft hand brush across my cheek and I looked up to meet Tom's gaze. He smiled and pulled me into a hug then whispered into my ear.

"Welcome to New York darling"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou everyone for being so patient! I hope you are enjoying the story so far and the little plot twist with Andy :D Thanks for reading and if you enjoyed this part then please don't hesitate to vote! I hope you're all excited to find out what happens, although I have it all planned in my head, it's so difficult to put it all into words!

I apologise for any delays in updates over the next few days, I have my A level exams and trying to fit writing in around my revision is extremely difficult! I promise it won't be too long though :D

I do not own any of the avengers characters or the actors/actresses associated with them, they are merely used for entertainment purposes only!