I Don't or I Do?

Tom and I had arrived back after our funfilled weekend away and was automatically welcomed by many voicemails on the home phone. I groaned at the sight of six missed calls, we were gone for two days for goodness sake! What could be so important?! Tom kissed my cheek and went up to the bedroom to dump the suitcases while I was forced to listen to the messages.

"Message one: Saturday, 9:15 PM

Pips! It's Jen. Firstly, where the blasted hell has Thomas taken you? Second, when you get back I need you to call me, it's about the wedding, rather urgent. Ok, talk to you soon... I hope."

"Message two: Saturday, 11:28 PM

Hi Tom, Luke here. I can't seem to reach you on your mobile. Could you ring me back when you get this, Tilda Swinton has just called, confirming that she wants you for the new film she's co producing. Ring me back when you get this, she kinda wants a response soon. Cheers bud."

"Message three: Sunday 8:59 AM

Hi Tom, Luke again. Please can you ring me back ASAP, she's getting persistent. Why won't you pick up your phone? I'll speak to you later mate."

"Message four: Sunday 9:45 AM

Hi guys! It's Elsa speaking, me and Chris will be back in London for a few weeks with India and was wondering if you and Tom could keep an eye on her for an evening? We're meeting up with some of Chris's old friends and it's a strictly 'no children' gathering. Sorry to spring this on you so soon, but it would be super helpful. Plus she really wants to see her uncle Tommy.. and aunty Piper too of course. Anyway I'll speak to you when you get the message. Thanks, bye"

"Message five: Sunday 12:35 PM

Tom! It's Benedict, me and the gang from War Horse are having a little reunion on Friday at The Duke's Head in Putney at eight, would love it if you could come! Please do bring Piper, she's one of us now ha ha! Talk later Hiddleston!"

"Message Six: Sunday 5:55 PM

Pips... Your mom just called me, she heard you and Tom were engaged. Did you seriously not tell her? Have you even considered inviting them to your wedding? I've given them your home number and told them to give you a call tomorrow. I think you should think about it."

I stared blankly at the answer machine, taking in all that information at once probably wasn't a good idea. Tom walked in, catching me staring at the device and I heard him chuckle under his breath.

"What's the matter darling? You look extremely troubled." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me tight into his body helping me relax.

"My brain has been fried" I replied pointing at the answering machine. Tom kissed the top of my head and I looked up to meet his gentle gaze.

"My parents called Jen" I announced suddenly, Tom's eyebrows knitted together causing little lines to form on the bridge of his nose.

"Why's that?" he asked, as I lead him over to the sofa and crashing onto it.

"They heard we were engaged... I think Jen wants me to invite them to the wedding." I replied quietly, not really wanting to talk about it.

"Well we have space, so if you want to we can" he smiled, I love how understanding Tom is, he never let's anything get him down, he always sees the good side of things. Always an optimist!

"That's the thing Tom, I'm just not sure whether I do want to invite them. I mean, they haven't spoken to me properly since before I got married to Andy. Yes I spent Christmas with them two years ago, but I spent most of the time being ignored or having to make awkward small talk. They've never really forgiven me for dropping out of college for a guy that I wasn't even sure I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. But even now, I have a successful photography career and I'm about to marry the man I know I love with all my heart, they still haven't contacted me or even made the effort to make things better. I just don't know what I want to do Tom" I only realised my hands were shaking when I felt Tom's hold onto mine, steadying them.

"Piper, in the end darling, its your decision, they are your family and if you want to show them that you are happy and better off then perhaps you should invite them. You never know, you may even be able to fix things with them. Relationships can be rebuilt as fast as they can be broken, if both parties put in the effort to try." I leant my head on his shoulder and listened to his advice. Tom had a point, I may still be able to salvage whatever relationship I have with my family left and make everything right again, if only I could explain the circumstances to them, perhaps then they'd understand.

"I guess I could give it a try. The worst that could happen is that they decline the invitation I suppose" I closed my eyes and listened to Tom's breathing while I spoke. Tom placed his fingers underneath my chin and moved my face so it met his.

"That's my girl! Positivity is key" He kissed my nose and stood up. "Tea darling?" He stopped at the door and I nodded my response. I needed to do something to clear my mind... That's when my eyes flicked up to the DVD of Avengers, and I smiled.

I jumped off the sofa and slotted he DVD into the disk tray, letting the film load up while I got comfortable. I pulled the blanket off from the back of the sofa and wrapped it around me. Just as the beginning credits came onto the screen, Tom walked in with two steaming cups of tea, passing one to me in my Loki mug, yes I have a Loki mug... no judgement please. I drank a mouthful and felt the warm liquid run down my throat.

"Mmmm you do make the perfect tea my darling. And I love you so much for it" I whispered, savouring the taste of the warm tea I'd been longing to drink.

"I only make it perfect because I love you, anyone else wouldn't stand a chance" he teased, as he sat down next to me on the sofa and pulled me into him.

"Oh look baby! It's you!" I nudged Tom and pointed at the screen, as Loki appeared out of the portal created by the tesseract.

"Oh must we watch this Piper? You know I don't enjoy watching myself in movies" he grumbled into my hair.

"Well I need something to cheer me up after the voicemail. Plus..." I began to whisper into his ear, "Loki makes me horny" I finished, still whispering huskily into his ear. Tom's eyes widened and a faint smile hit his lips.

"Well then my sweet midguardian queen... We'd better continue watching the optical illusion on the screen" he growled in his Loki voice, running his hand up my thigh and stopping just before he reached the hem of my mini skirt. I could see in his eyes that he was already looking forward to the end of the film.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd just like to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who has been reading "A Second Chance" I've finally reached 1,000 reads and I'm chuffed to bits!! I know it isn't alot, but in my eyes it's a fantastic achievement!! Thank you all so much for taking the time to read it and I hope you enjoy the many more I have planned to come :D and obviosuly a big thanks to Tom Hiddleston himself for being my inspiration! (not that he'll see this... I kind of hope he doesn't... it would be very embarassing :L)

Thanks again everyone and don't forget to comment/vote if you like this chapter :D xoxoxoxo