-Chapter 8-

Delilah's P.O.V

"Hello love," he says before I can close the front door.

"It's 3 in the morning what are you doing here.?" I say emotionless.

"Come with me."

"Luke. Are you drunk again?"

"No-" he looks down at me.

"What?"

Luke's P.O.V

"Give me your arm Delilah," I say seeing the blood.

"No! I'm fine I just fell," she says holding the towel closer to her.

"Delilah please, I just want to help you, please don't push me away. I'm sorry about earlier I just don't like you lying to me. Will you let me help you?"

Tears slip from her soft brown eyes. I don't waste a second to pull her into my chest. I rest my chin on top of her head, stroking her long brown hair.

She doesn't even pull away she just lays there helplessly, crying into my chest.

"Where's your bathroom?" I ask her still looking down at the bloody towel covering her arm.

She ducks under my arms and starts walking up the tiny narrow hallway. She stops at a wooden door pushing it open a bit.

I go inside and she turns to leave but I grab her by the waist and pick her up placing her on the sink counter.

"How about we clean up those cuts? You know from 'falling'," I say watching her eyes.

She shakes her head, "no I'm fine."

"Delilah please," I tell her with pleading eyes.

She sighs taking a shaky breath and pulling off the now red towel.

Her skin is torn. All up and down her pale arms.

"How long?" My voice cracks at the sight of it.

"4 years."

My heart drops.

"Why? Why do this to yourself?"

"People don't understand. I'm not killing myself I'm killing the bad parts of me. I'm killing the depression. I deserve this Luke," her eyes show her pain I can't believe I never noticed it.

I don't rant at her or give her the consequences of doing that to herself. I just try to understand. I want to help her.

I kiss her scars.

"Next time you think about doing this again, call me I don't even care what time it is. I'll be there in a heartbeat," I tell her rubbing my thumb across her tear stained cheek.

I clean up her bleeding cuts letting the sad truth sink in.

"I want you to come with me for the rest of the night- or you know the rest of the morning. I have a surprise," I say placing her back on the ground once I'm done.

She nods her head, "I'm trusting you Luke, don't blow it."

----

Follow us💕