-Chapter 18-

Luke's P.O.V

I stand on Delilah's porch in the darkness of the night. The butterflies in my stomach feel like the ones I had the first day I met her. I lift my fist up to the red painted door knocking softly.

She opens the door. She looks like a beautiful wreck. She wears only a long t-shirt with knee high socks, her chocolate colored locks lay loosely down to her chest. But her eyes- her eyes. They show beauty and sadness.

She looks surprised at my appearance.

"Lu- Luke?" She asks her voice is tired and yet sleepless.

"Hey there Delilah."

---

Her mouth is open partly still shocked. Then she closes it wetting her lips as an unknown emotion fills her eyes.

"Luke," she states firmly.

"Why are you here," it was more of a statement then a question.

"No hello hug eh?"

"Still cocky as shit I see."

"Relax, I was only kidding love," I say trying to lighten up the mood.

She glares at me,"answer my damn question."

"No need to curse, I'm here to see you."

"Luke, you fucking screamed at me in the car, then you left for a week without any contact or explanation. Why do you think you would be welcomed here?"

"Delilah!! You were dying that day! I was fucking scared. I thought you were dead and I couldn't live with that! You have no idea how worried I was."

She looks at me like she doesn't believe a word.

"So why'd you fucking leave me huh!?! You left me in the time I needed you most! What does that prove??"

I remain silent. I have no explanation this time. It's just what I thought was right.

"I-"

"Show me that you care Luke Hemmings, because I am tired of guessing if you do or not," she paused for a second her brown eyes flash with hurt.

" You know what just leave. I'm gonna close my eyes and if your gone I'll know you really care. I don't want you here," she inhales a shaky breath and closes her passionate brown eyes.

"When I open my eyes you will be gone," A tear escapes from her closed eyes.

I sigh hurt replacing the butterflies. I look at her once more. But before I go I kiss her nose. Right where her freckles are.

"I'll be waiting for you because Delilah, I don't give up on such an amazing person," with that I turn around and leave her standing there.

"Goodnight."

---

Do you like the new cover for Delilah ?

I thought the cover needed an update.

Comment what you think maybe.? :)