-Chapter 16-

Delilah's P.O.V

"What kinda coffee do you want?" Lucy asks as we stand in line for Starbucks.

"No it's fine, you don't have to buy me Starbucks."

She rolls her eyes, "you sooo want Starbucks. I'll surprise you."

I smile at my best friend.

"Hurry up ladies! We are gonna miss the fireworks for Memorial Day!" Toby says anxiously.

"I'm hurrying damn calm yourself can't a girl get some Starbucks without being pressured?"

He slaps her playfully, "no a girl cannot."

Once Lucy gets her Starbuck's we arrive at the place the fireworks will be located.

"Get the blankets out of the car we are gonna sit in the back of the truck," Toby says pointing to the trunk.

Lucy and I nod our heads throwing blankets in the back of the truck well Toby goes to talk to one of his dad's friends who's doing the fireworks.

"How are you hun?" Lucy questioned once Toby was a fair distance.

"I'm fine," I imply not looking her in the eyes.

She gives me a look like she doesn't believe me.

"Delilah!!! I know your not just let it out! How do you feel?"

I let it all out.

"I'm mad! Very mad! Why did he leave? Why did he leave me in the time I needed him most!? I don't understand!" I snapped throwing a pillow at the truck.

"Tonight you get over him! Tonight is about you! Only you no guys."

"Hey!" Toby says arriving back at the truck.

"No guys but Toby," Lucy corrects giving him a side hug.

He chuckles, "that's more like it."

For the rest of the night I sit with my best friends watching the exploding lights in the sky.

These are the moments I live for. The moments I never want to end. Because at that moment I wasn't thinking about planning my next suicide or my feelings about Luke.

I wasn't thinking at all. The colors of the sky in the night made me forget.

I smile resting my head on Toby's shoulder. As him and Lucy laugh at each other loudly.

"I love you guys," I commented squeezing Lucy's hand.

"I love me to," Lucy responds laughing and giving me a hug.

Toby smiles, "I love you too."

---

Aww! Doby action over here!

Hope you like it:)

Delilah{Luke Hemmings}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें