4: Cousins

How are you still alive?

Honestly, you should have been caught months ago and you always wondered how you'd gotten away with it for so long, but now you know.

God wanted to watch you break as soon as you let your guard down.

That's nice.

So here you are, still alive, in broad daylight in front of the hybrid chief of police, Officer Min.

You know his name, you know his face and you know what he does to humans. You even know his back story. When your brother had first talked about him you felt sorry for him; but after watching him ordering his police force to not rest until they found your brother and brought him down, you lost that sympathy.

Yes, this hybrid was behind your brother's disappearance and now he was right in front of you, probably already thinking of what he was going to do to you.

"Officer Min," Taehyung choked out, "it's a nice morning, isn't it?"

You furrowed your brows and looked at Taehyung in disbelief. Did he really think small talk would help him in this situation?

"Don't try me with that small talk Taehyung, I've been meaning to speak with you recently."
"You have?" Tae's pitch was higher now, as if someone was crushing his wind pipes.

"Yes, wasn't it you and your other weasel friends up the other night making that *racquet*?" The Officer snarled.
"Oh, yes, sir, sorry, sir. It won't happen again."
"I should hope not," he smirked, "and who's this?"

His eyes fixed back to you now. Fixed back? No, he's barely been able to take his eyes off you.

"S-she's just my cousin. Yeah, just a relative." Taehyung rubbed your shoulders in reassurance, but it clearly didn't work on either of you.

"Cousin? So she's a mutt like you, too?" Min provoked, looking you up and down.
"Y-yeah, sh-she's got very small ears, hard to tell." Taehyung's hands went to pat your head now and you gulped. No way would this guy buy such a lie.

And he didn't. Of course he didn't. He'd seen you the other night, hanging lamely in Taehyung's arms as they frantically hurried you into the apartment building. He'd recognised you then. After all, your brother looked so much like you.

But Min wanted some fun. He knew he'd be able to catch you eventually, but he wanted to play a few games before then. Life gets a little boring nowadays and he was looking forward to another chase.

"Alright, Miss.." The Officer trailed off, expecting you to finish him off with your name, but instead you were too busy observing him. Why was he buying the lie? No idiot would ever let something go that easily, especially not an Officer like Min Yoongi.

"Y/N," Taehyung piped in.
"Alright Miss Y/N, I suppose I'll be seeing more of you in the future as you're Taehyung's cousin." Min grinned, turning back into his apartment and closing the balcony doors.

After the doors to his balcony shut, Taehyung immediately tugged you back up the stairs in silence, and you let him.

You figured you wouldn't stand a chance at running now. Not in daylight and certainly not with Min Yoongi about.

Inside Tae's apartment there were five hybrids waiting. One bunny, one cat, two dogs and one.. gerbil?

They all stared as you entered the living room where they were waiting.

"Taehyung," the gerbil spoke up, "we need to talk."
"Should I go?" You looked up at taehyung who immediately glared down at you in response. He pulled you to the sofa that was situated in front of the serious-looking hybrids. Then he yanked you lightly to sit down with him.

"What are you doing?" the gerbil jumped straight in.

"Hyung, you know what it's like to be treated like shit. We all do." Taehyung started, looking each of the hybrids in the eyes. Some of them nodded lightly to what he was saying.

"We've sat back and watched for too long. I honestly thought it was too late to do anything after all the humans had disappeared, but then she appeared the other night." He looked to you now, as did everyone else in the room.

"She came along and she needed help-"
"I'm ok now. I don't need your hel-" you started.
"Yes. You do." Tae sternly interrupted. "Now that Min Yoongi has seen you, he'll be the first to hunt you down once he realises you've gone. You and me both know he didn't buy that lie."

"Wait, what?" One of the dog hybrids yapped. "Min Yoongi has seen you?"

"Yeah it happened just now, I told him she was my cousin." Tar informed them.
"Yeah, he'd never buy that!" The cat laughs. The same laugh you heard the other night. "Where are her ears?"

"Alright, Jimin, it doesn't matter now. What matters is that we keep Y/N safe."

Taehyung searched the hybrids' faces with pleading eyes, but they still weren't cooperating the way he wanted them to.

"Namjoon-hyung," Tae tried again, " you told me that if a chance arised again for you to take in order to change things so everyone could live equally, humans and hybrids, you'd take it. This is your chance!"

"Seokjin-hyung, you said you'd always be here to support me. Support me in this."

"Hobi-hyung, you still miss him, don't you? So let's bring him back!"

One by one all the hybrids nodded to Tae's statements and soon they were all agreeing to help him.

"So first," the gerbil-hybrid spoke, observing you, "we need to get her some ears."

A/N: Hixtape has me slain.. so proud of our Hope <3 "daydream daydream!!"
Comment who you think is the gerbil hybrid XD