8: Taehyung?

What's wrong with him?

It's been about a week since Tae made that promise to help you and so far nothing much has happened. He leaves early morning without eating to go to work and then comes home late, tired, and just falls asleep on the sofa straight away.

But today was different.

Clang! Crash! Bang!

Your body jolted awake and you instantly ran to the kitchen where the noise was coming from.

"Taehyung?" you muttered, still wiping sleep from your eyes and adjusting to the brights lights in the room.

You turned your body to look out the window in the living room and saw it was still dark, then you turned to the clock on the wall.

"Tae, it's 3am, what are you doing?" you moaned.

Your eyes finally adjusted to the light in the room and you looked at all the pots and pans sprawled out across the floor and a dishevelled Taehyung sitting against the cupboards with his ears flat against his head.

"I-I.. I don't know," he mumbled, his right hand now cradling the side of his head.

"Taehyung, you don't look well, you should take the day off and get some sleep."
"No, I'm fine, don't worry."

The boy got up from the floor too abruptly and wobbled slightly before catching himself.

"You're obviously not, take the day off." You ordered.

The hybrids' ears twitched at the dominance in your voice and tone but he dismissed you again.

"I'm fine, I'll just go and sleep a couple more hours and then I have to go."

You sighed at his stubbornness but watched as he stumbled to the sofa and fell face-down into it. He was asleep before he even touched the pillows.

Hoping his body would take as much time as it could to recover and rest you left him and returned to the room you were staying in... well, his room.

You really felt bad about that, but what can you do? He wouldn't let you sleep anywhere else and said if you didn't sleep in it, then no-one would.

Once you got back into bed you fell straight back to sleep and only awakened once the sun was up.

However, that wasn't the same story for Taehyung.

It seems his body worked like a clock. It didn't matter how much sleep he'd had, or lack thereof, his body was accustomed to waking up at 6am, so that's what it did. And Taehyung went to work as usual.

You waited all day for him to come home. You were so angry that he hadn't listened to you. He could've fainted or passed out on the way to work, or fallen asleep on the job and gotten fired. Honestly, what was so important that he'd risk his work over his health?

Wait, why do you care? He's just a hybrid that's helping you. As soon as you find your brother, or find out what really happened to him then there'd be no reason to hang out with him or care about him anymore. This was a temporary thing. Don't get caught up in it.

Click-clack.

You were pulled from your thoughts and you rushed to the front door, watching as it slowly creaked open and then a body fell through the door.

"Tae!"

You ran to catch him in your arms before he hit the floor and caught him just in time, his head in your lap and arms either side of your legs.

"Tae, what did I say?" you nagged.
"I know, I'm sorry," he replied breathlessly.
"It's fine, what's done is done. Now we need to sort you out."