10: Sweet Revenge

Who is he?

Is he one of Taehyung's friends?
"Tae-"

You start to call for him but a hand muffles your voice and another grips around your waist to pull you from the apartment.

This is bad, you think, this is really bad. You struggle against the hybrids grip but he's unsurprisingly stronger than you. But that doesn't stop you.

He pulls you with him to the elevator and presses the button. You're still struggling with every inch of your body. Your legs are kicking out and every now and then hitting his shins but he only flinches, never loosening his grip. Your arms are trapped with his grip around them and your waist. You shake your head to try and rid his hand away so you can scream but it's no use.

The elevator dings and the doors open and he shoves you inside, quickly pressing the doors to close.

There's a delay to the doors closing, there always is, so as soon as he shoves you in you use the elevator walls to push off and try to push past him.

His arms catch you before you escape and he pushes you back against the walls. Your back slaps against them, winding you and you cry out but not even air passes out. You cradle your chest in pain, watching as the elevator doors shut.

The man pulls something from his pocket: a cloth and then a small vial from his other. You know that doesnt look good so you try to crawl to the doors where the buttons are to press the emergency button.

His eyes are focused on his task so you reach up to the buttons and try to press the button. As soon as he catches a glimpse of your hand he prholds the cloth over the vial in one hand and grabs your hand with the other.

He smacks your hand against the wall away from the button, leaning down to your face. Your body is twisted and uncomfortable, making it harder for you to move. His eyes are dark. Nothing in them. Endless. They stare into yours. You attempt to hide your fear when he stares at you, but his lips curve into a smirk at that.

"Sorry, pup, playtime's over. Maybe we'll play when you wake up?"

He brings the soaked cloth to your face and holds it against your mouth and nose.

You've seen the films, you know what this is so you pretend to pass out already, hoping he'd believe it worked and remove it, but he doesn't buy it. He holds it there until you run out of air. Until your body betrays you and forces you to breathe in.

The elevator jolts as it hits the ground floor and the bell tings when the doors open. Your vision is blurry but you're not passed out.

The hybrid hides the cloth and vial into his pocket again and levers your body off the floor, one hand supporting under your arm, and you exit the space together.

The ground floor is empty. Only a few lockers at the side. You can spot outside there's a black van and you assume it's his.

When you're out of the apartment building there are a few hybrids walking down the other side of the street. They probably won't help you. They're hybrids. You're human. You try anyway.

You open your mouth to shout for them but it's slurred and quiet. The hybrids carry on walking away until they're around the corner.

The man holding you opens the side door to the van and drops you in the back where it's practically just wooden slants on the floor and DIY bits hanging on hooks above.

You think you're gonna fall face first so you move your hands to brace yourself but your limbs and slow and droopy. So you shut your eyes, preparing for the pain.