18: Smell

A/N: Hello... I'm so sorry for this being so late. It's been months and I'm sorry for that, but hopefully this chapter will make it up to you? Here's a quick (actually quite long cause I don't know how much you remember) recap for my lovely readers:

You've been hiding as a human in a hybrid world alone ever since your brother (Noah) disappeared and you've been staying with Taehyung and his hybrid friends until you were kidnapped. Then Yoongi, the police officer hybrid, helped you but Taehyung and his Got7 friends in the end had to save you in jail. Then you spotted someone with a familiar baseball cap to Noah's in public but the person disappeared before you could see who it was. And today Yoongi came over to Jungkook's house (where you all played drunk truth-or-dare at the night before) saying he heard that a human boy was spotted the other day and he has a plan to help get the humans back. So here we are:

"So that's the plan?" you scoff in disbelief.

The hybrids all stare at you quizzically.

"It's the only one we've got," Namjoon says as he turns back to Yoongi. "You sure it'll work?"

Yoongi moves his gaze back from watching you to Namjoon and bites his lip.
"It has to."

The rest of the group nod slowly as they play over the plan in their heads and then look to wait for your agreement.

You keep your eyes to the ground, trying to swallow the lump in your throat and calm down the thumping of your heart. Two arms squeeze around your waist again in reassurance.

"You want to find Noah?" Taehyung whispers into your ear from behind you and you nod slowly. "And have you got any better ideas?"

You shake your head pitifully.

"Then we should go for it," he encourages.

"I know," you reply. Your voice cracks slightly with fear and Taehyung rubs his head into yours with shut eyes to ease you the only way he knows how.

"I won't let any harm come to you, Y/N. I promise." He breathes and you breathe out slowly.
"Don't make promises you can't keep."

Taehyung opens his eyes and pulls you closer into his chest but says nothing in reply.

"So?" Yoongi interrupts the two of you and you peer up at him, pulling your lower lip between your teeth and barely noticeably you nod.

But they all seem to notice and breathe out together.

"Noona," Jungkook speaks up, walking towards you with an outstretched hand, "let's get ready."

He smiles when he stops right in front of you and you end up smiling back and taking his hand, pulling you from Taehyung's grasp. Taehyung frowns at you leaving before following closely behind and glaring at Jungkook's hand clasping yours.

Jungkook takes you to his room where he lets you sit on his bed while he picks out some clothes for you.

Taehyung comes in soon after and sits beside you on the bed, frowning as Jungkook pulls his own clothing out for you.