5•Ferris Wheel

Why did she seem so familiar? Her aura just gave away a familiar one, as if they'd known each other for years. And she was so careful when she spoke, like she knew how to talk to different people, as much as she claims she is not good with them.

Those were Mikasa's impressions on her. The playground girl, Y/N, the girl Armin had allegedly been stalking for the past ten years. Though they all knew he wasn't really stalking her, he was an easy target to tease.

After meeting up with the rest of the group, Y/N and Mikasa's bond seemed to have been somewhat... strengthened? It was definitely a 'girl thing', as the guys called it. But with Mikasa's motherly nature, it appears she pretty much just gave Y/N a sisterly or motherly natural type of friendship. One that Y/N hadn't felt in a while.

'No wonder Armin probably likes her. She must be easy for him to talk to.' Mikasa thought while playing games.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. "You know you pretty much stole Armin's date." She looked back to see her stepbrother's turquoise eyes.

"I did not," she rolled her eyes, "but I returned her."

"Why did you take her, anyway?" He questioned in a rather flat voice.

"Well, you guys may not have noticed, but she was uncomfortable. I took her so she could calm down."

"Man, I know you're a smother mother, but I never saw you do it to a stranger. Heh. That rhymes."

Ignoring the last part, Mikasa responded, "I wonder if I used to know her. You know, before I was adopted. Because she seems..." she trailed off, not knowing how to say it.

"Like you've met her before?" Eren guessed.

"Kind of..." She said, looking at Y/N and Armin, making small talk.

-

"I've never eaten one of these before, what are they?" Y/N quietly asked. Though it appears Sasha's radar ears picked up on it.

"Eh?! You've never eaten fried Twinkies before?!" She yelled.

Flinching for a second from the sudden loud sound, she shook her head.

"Jeez, have you ever even been to a fair before?" Jean asked, resting the side of his jaw in his propped up hand.

Y/N stayed quiet.

"You're kidding, right?" He deadpanned.

"W-well, I've always wanted to go. I've seen it in movies and stuff, and even advertised in town. But I'm usually busy. Besides, my parents don't let me go to outside of the house too much, save for the same three places." She looked down, fiddling with her fingers. "Jeez, they're probably hella worried. Blowing up my phone with texts and calls."

"Your parents seriously don't know where you are?" Eren asked, giving her a face of complete disbelief.

"Seriously?" Sasha asked.

The H/C-ette shrugged and sheepishly smiled. "Probably not, assuming they didn't stick a tracker on me, or something."

Everyone was looking at her weirdly, except for Mikasa.